how to make an image only visible to 1 player ?

mastercovodi

Reaction score
HI everyone !
I use image, and don't know much about it.
I noticed that image has function : show, hide, but when it's show, any player can see it, and when it's hide, no player can see it.

My question is : how to make image only show up to my chosen player ( example : player 1 , 2 , not 3 ,4 ,5 ) ?
thanks for reading!:D

viewtest.png

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Are you talking about mirror images? These images will be visible to you and all allies and invisible to enemies. I dont think there is any way to change the way it works.

mastercovodi

Reaction score
Are you talking about mirror images? These images will be visible to you and all allies and invisible to enemies. I dont think there is any way to change the way it works.
Ohmy! image, not mirror image >"<!
image is what blp or tar file you import or build-in file of WE.

help me plz!!!!!!!

help me plz !

Nexor

Reaction score
Use GetLocalPlayer(), showing the image to the local player and hiding it to others will do what you want, just search for it.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Use GetLocalPlayer(), showing the image to the local player and hiding it to others will do what you want, just search for it.

Wouldn't that cause a desync when the map is played? I believe we had a similar issue a month back and no one was able to resolve it

Nexor

Reaction score
Hmm, I wasn't experimenting with Images, didn't use them, so I can't say anything for sure about the GetLocalPlayer() thing.

Make only 1 image in a 2 player map and hide it locally, that will do it for the test.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
GetLocalPlayer is a function that we call a "Desyncy Function". This means that it can cause desyncs. Desyncs are errors where, when playing multiplayer, will cause all players (with exceptions to the local player etc.) to be disconnected from the map. In this tutorial, I will warn you from the hazards of GetLocalPlayer...

.​

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Theres only one thing I dont understand. Did you make the inventory system in the pic you posted? Cause I find it weird that you're able to make an inventory system but not show an image to only one player.

mastercovodi

Reaction score
Ofcourse i've made that system, nothing weird about that. I can't do the thing "only show to 1 player" just because WE don't have that build-in function =_=!

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
...Everything is built-in... to an extent. The same as your inventory system. Lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.