How to Modify raise dead

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
When casting raise dead, i want to be able to modify the summoned units with a trigger, so that the skelleton summoned is random. How do i refer to location of the target corpse? is it possible to summon 0 skelletons?

RaiJin

Reaction score
When casting raise dead, i want to be able to modify the summoned units with a trigger, so that the skelleton summoned is random. How do i refer to location of the target corpse? is it possible to summon 0 skelletons?

base it off another skill then, then trigger the whole thing manually then get a group variable then filter it checking if the unit type is dead

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
hm, maybe i need to be more spacific.. Im trying to make it so a enemy controlled unit can use this spell.

Summoned

Reaction score
Make the raise dead summon a dummy, then use a trigger like:

Trigger:
  • RandomSkellies
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Skeledummy
    • Actions
      • Set Targetpoint = (Position of (Summoned unit))
      • Unit - Remove (Summoned unit) from the game
      • Unit - Create (Random integer number between 0 and 2) Skeleton Warrior for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Targetpoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create (Random integer number between 0 and 2) Skeletal Mage for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Targetpoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Targetpoint)

You may want to set an expiration timer on the skeletons, too, if you want them to disappear like normal summons.

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
yep, that may work, but ive already determined that get target unit will be the corpse that was consumed for the summon, so if i make it summon a unit for .01 seconds and trigger it to create a unit at that location, it should work.

jwallstone

Reaction score
So you want the AI to automatically cast it?

Use the Dark Portal ability, which lets you summon a random collection of units.

First, have Raise Dead on the unit, but trigger it so that it summons 0 units (hopefully the AI will still cast it.) Then create a dummy to cast Dark Portal at that location, and voila: random number and type of skeletons.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.