How to: Modify the World Editor's Trigger Editor

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
War3.mpq, however, works.
I open the files from there, edited them according to your tutorial, saved them.

Nothing happened when I opened up the editor.

Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

Ah, no, I did not do that.

I did that just now and got the same thing that 13lade619 described.
What do I need to do now?

EDIT:

I copied your UI file from your first post, and it miraculously worked.
Nice!

Now, if you will add some more explanation of those things to your post, maybe by adding a troubleshooting section, or simply putting it in where it applies, I will approve this.
It's so cool that you can do this. :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
> Did you save them to X:/Program Files/Warcraft III/UI?

Ah, no, I did not do that.

I did that just now and got the same thing that 13lade619 described.
What do I need to do now?

EDIT:

I copied your UI file from your first post, and it miraculously worked.
Nice!

Now, if you will add some more explanation of those things to your post, maybe by adding a troubleshooting section, or simply putting it in where it applies, I will approve this.
It's so cool that you can do this. :D

Well, the War3.mpq ones must be different some how :p

Anyways, I'll add a section like that soon :)

Edit: Hey, Ghan. Don't you use JASS? :p

Alright, got the Troubleshooting/FAQ section up. More will be added as questions come.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
We could made vJass GUI Function now, proabably. :rolleyes:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Probably :eek:

*Watches as GUI slowly becomes as powerful/more powerful than JASS/vJASS :O

L

LeDah

well this is very good and i love it but i have one question.i hope you remember and old world editor called WE unlimited.is it gonna work if i take its files and import em to normal we editor? i mean is the map gonna work? cause i heard that we unlimited doesn't let new version maps to be playable.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I have one piece of advice. Just don't use WEU. If you want custom functions, make you own. That way you KNOW it will work :) Or use JASS, they're guaranteed to work too.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a question.

How will someone else that still has the regular editor take this?
If you use some custom functions, etc., what happens when you send someone else your map and they try to open it in their editor?
Does it not work?

What about if they try to play the map? Can they do that at least?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

As for playing, yes, they can. If you convert to JASS, which happens when you open it with Warcraft III, you'll see that the functions are fine. You're just giving the editor an interface for that function(s).

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

Hmm... additional map protection, perhaps? :rolleyes:

> As for playing, yes, they can. If you convert to JASS, which happens when you open it with Warcraft III, you'll see that the functions are fine. You're just giving the editor an interface for that function(s).

That's kind of what I suspected.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Approved.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
> If they want to open it with the editor, they'll either need a compiled editor with these functions implemented OR copy your UI folder into their Warcraft III directory.

Hmm... additional map protection, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Hey, yeah! Only those who know what functions you created along with the exact category name, or someone who's put in categories with every character AND every single JASS function in every single category, will be able to see it! SWEET.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
question!!!

Hey, yeah! Only those who know what functions you created along with the exact category name, or someone who's put in categories with every character AND every single JASS function in every single category, will be able to see it! SWEET.

hmmm... remember when you open the file with an edito without the custom functions?

the custom functions are tagged "error"

will the map still work AFTER opening it with an uncompatible editor???

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Will the map still what after opening it with an uncompatible editor? If you're asking about if it will still work, yes. The uncompatible editor wouldn't have changed anything and won't be able to.

Yes, you can, Insane!.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
2-P posted a terraining UI text file in a tutorial once.
It is indeed very handy and works just like this one but changes several UI stuff. I'd say credits to 2-P but 2-P got it from some tutorial too (according to what I read).
View attachment 13374
This also does the 90 angled cliff thing.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Update

Added another section on making 480x480 map size (Not recommended, lags a lot) and 90° terrain raises and lowers.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
2-P's tutorial wasn't about UI but about advanced terraining, she had a paragraph inside it that was about the terraining UI.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.