How to set up teams.

touchpad

Reaction score
Hi. I'm pretty experienced with Worldedit, but I can't seem to figure out how to set up teams with the Starcraft II editor. What I want is to have a map that has two teams of two players each, with player 1 and player 2 on a team and player 3 and player 4 on a team.

I gave each player a starting location, then I went under map-->player properties and set players 1-4 to user and gave each their own starting location. I then went under the teams tab, added two teams with the correct players on each team and checked the appropriate boxes for the player start location of the teammate. Then in the third tab I checked the box that made each team a linked enemy of the other.

I would have guessed this would work, but when I put a red marine and a blue marine next to each other and tested the map the marines started shooting each other right away. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance XD

Kildare

Reaction score
As of this moment the team placement settings for SC2 is abit weird. Firstly, you not only need to adjust the settings from Player Settings/Team Placements, but you must also create a Game Variant for the map. HOWEVER, no matter how you place yourself in the teams during lobby creation, all players will still end up getting back their original player placements. Example: Player 2 takes the slot for player 5, which is in team 2. But in the game, he is not player 5 but still player 2.

Also, i think Alliances aren't working properly as well. Only way is to add it via triggers.

For your case though, apparently if u use pre-made Team settings for your Game Variant it will work correctly. Not too sure myself.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.