Huge Lag When Learning Ability

Pigger

Reaction score
...and I know it has to do with my triggers, but I don't know why.

Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Shadow's Calling 
    Then - Actions
        Set DarkRanger = (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add ShadowEvasionSpellbook  to DarkRanger
        Player - Disable ShadowEvasionSpellbook  for (Owner of DarkRanger)
    Else - Actions

ShadowEvasionSpellbook is a spellbook with a 100 level evasion ability.
The event is just "Learns a hero skill" or whatever.

Code:
AuraTest
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ShadowCount = (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Shadow's Calling) Equal to True)))
        Animation - Change DarkRanger's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with (0.00 + (((Real((Level of Shadow's Calling  for DarkRanger))) x 2.00) x (Real(ShadowCount))))% transparency

:S

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Ill bet it is ONLY the first time. Cause then the map/wc3/whatever loads the spellbook itself and all abilities in it.
And btw, why do you put Triggering unit in a variable? There is NO WORSE thing to do. And in the same trigger, use Triggering Unit, always. And if you want him/the unit/s to be used in another trigger, may i suggest you use a UnitGroup instead, where you can just pick every unit in it and...yes.. and add /remove units?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> NO WORSE thing to do
Oh dear. You have no idea how wrong you are.

Placing triggering unit in a variable actually makes things (slightly) faster. The only time when it's bad is when you have a wait between setting and using the variable.

Anyway your solution is preloading as Hero said. Create some dummy unit, add and remove every spell you'll need at map initialization on him (most notably ShadowEvasionSpellbook) and everything should be fine.

Pigger

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't even need a dummy unit for it. I just simply gave the ability to the hero and had a rigger disable it at map init. Works perfectly now. (Thanks Hero!)

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't even need a dummy unit for it. I just simply gave the ability to the hero and had a rigger disable it at map init. Works perfectly now. (Thanks Hero!)

Hey no problem...just preload everything that lags and you'll be good

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.