Huge Project - Chaos in Kalimdor

kiogra

Reaction score
I've been making games for awhile now, and i think its time i start a bigger project, then i started getting more ideas, and its huge now...
Here's some information on it... i havn't thought out alot yet though.
NOTE: If you're to lazy to read alot, j-just go back.

Chaos In Kalimdor (Note: This is not the final name, just a possibility)

Story
Still trying to think up a story, But what I've come up with so far, Is the Draenei find plans for an invasion on Eastern kingdoms, The Draenei suspect its plans from the Horde. Then Draenei and the Night Elves start invading the barrens, thinking they might be able to stop there assault, But where the plans were really from will be revealed in the game.

Information
(in notes)
- 12 Players, 2 Comps on each team.
- 2 Teams
- Max Hero Level 70
- Based on WoW
- Players will use heroes only, And they will help out in wars.

Playing
In this game, The players wont be in control of hundreds of units, the computers will be doing that.
The players will get a hero starting at level 10. From there they will do dungeons and/or quests that give massive exp until level 70.
Once level 70, the player will get some more useful quests, or fight against the horde/alliance in a war.

Some of the level 70 quests are really hard, that require help.
I've only made one level 70 quest so far, It's for horde, What you have to do is find a way to get into the Exodar (Draenei Capital).
Then plant an item named "Arcane Bomb Charge". The player has to put it at the back entrance of the Exodar, and then it will explode,collapsing it, making it so if the Exodar is attacked, they cant get backup from the back, Because the horde will be flooding the entrance.
There are lots of these kind of quests to weaken defenses, but all quests are optional.

EDIT: I just want to let people know, I don't plan on making the wars DotA fight size or something, they're going to be massive.

Objectives
Its kind of obvious. Horde has to destroy all Alliance capitals, and vice versa, or what ever its called.

I'd have more information, but i dont have any more :p...

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Sounds awsome! Can't wait.

just 1 question: why do players start at level 10 and not level 1?

kiogra

Reaction score
Sounds awsome! Can't wait.

just 1 question: why do players start at level 10 and not level 1?

Well in the game you level in dungeons or quests, and dungeons start at level 10. so i thought i should just give them a head start to dungeons

BTW: They wont have to spend alot of time in them though, because you gain like 5 levels per dungeon.

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
I just had an idea;

you know how u said that ll quests were optional? Well how about you make quests based on events that are required.

E.g. you might make the computers of the Horde launch a massive offensive and the players of the Horde are required to join in.

kiogra

Reaction score
I just had an idea;

you know how u said that ll quests were optional? Well how about you make quests based on events that are required.

E.g. you might make the computers of the Horde launch a massive offensive and the players of the Horde are required to join in.

Good idea. I think ill fit that in some where

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well. there's been past maps like this (that end up... not where they want to), but that' what most people say these days. Including me.:D So it's like a real-life AoS/ORPG in the world of warcraft?

Good luck with this map but with this hugo like-WoW and realistic-quests stuff, you're gonna' have to try and not make mistakes. Seems like a good idea to build on with work, :thup:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
EDIT: I just want to let people know, I don't plan on making the wars DotA fight size or something, they're going to be massive.
Sounds like lag! Wc3 can't even handle to many units at a time -- If you get to many, the units stop\move jerky even if there isnt lag. Goodluck, though.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
It should have good terrain. The thing many RPG makers overlook is terrain, but a map without good terrain gets boring because you don't have anything to look at while you beat up monsters! :cool:

kiogra

Reaction score
It should have good terrain. The thing many RPG makers overlook is terrain, but a map without good terrain gets boring because you don't have anything to look at while you beat up monsters! :cool:

Yeah im going to have to work on terraining alot since the map is so big

and yeah, its going to be kind of like a ORPG, but with a bunch of different things too

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.