I Had an delete option

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
Edit: checked a few stuff and it seems i can delete my own threads only (first post)
did u add it?

Edit2: now im sure of it i can only delete first post in a thread of mine (the whole threads eventually)
i thought u don't give us option to delete messeges so why did u add it now? (not that i have a problem with that)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You do not fully delete anything. When you get to reputation 100 we give you more control over your posts and it is usually not a problem as long as you don't go back and try to delete all your history.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I don't approve of their ability to delete threads... Posts, fine, whatever. But not entire threads. I simply do not trust everyone who gains 100 rep to actually a) deserve it all to begin with and b) use such an ability wisely. They barely use the basic forum powers wisely, after all o_O

... God, Ace, you rub off on me WAY too much.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I meant in general. My general attitude toward everyone. Sometimes I reread my posts, and you just come to mind o_O Creepy. Get out of my head. I need to rent it out, I need the money.

... WHAT?!

Reaction score
:nuts: You have something wrong there Seth :nuts:

I can also delete my posts, didn't even notice :p

EDIT://Ops, I cannot ^^, maybe I just.. did something..

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
i can't delete my posts i can just delete posts which are on my own created thread and they are the first post in this thread (meaning i can only delete my first post which causes the whole thread to be deleted as well)
im not gonna use it probably since i don't usually delete my threads....
and Seth i got 200 rep u can trust me :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ha! Trust people with rep... Nonsense.

Anyway, yeah, deleting the first post is deleting the thread. You don't have to explain what you mean, trust me, we get it ^.^

Apparently TH set something up so that "SM"s can delete their threads... But not their posts...

Personally... I still don't like either idea o_O

Reaction score
>Ha! Trust people with rep... Nonsense.
Me you all trust anyway <3

>Personally... I still don't like either idea o_O
Was something I expected.. :D

But actually it's good thing as you could remove thread if you have made two by accident.. And that way you can avoid -rep..

DM Cross

Reaction score
If someone double posts on accident, realizes it, edits their second post with an "Oops, sorry, didn't mean to!", reports their own post telling the staff what happened, I would not only not care that they double posted, but I would check their rep and delete any -rep they receive over something like that.

THAT is a show of responsibility. You guys don't really need the ability to delete anything. And like I said, not everyone with 100+ rep really deserves it, or should be trusted with the ability to delete their threads. Imagine if someone makes a tutorial which becomes a huge thread and then get SM for it. Lovely. Nice. Then something small happens, maybe he gives a mod/admin an attitude or something small. He gets -rep and decides that we're not GOOD enough for his tutorial.

Deletes it. The entire thing. Maybe only 30 posts all together, maybe 300. Not only did he just delete all our content [which he could edit out anyway, if he so chooses] but he just deleted all those posts that he had NO BUSINESS deleting. Mind you, I don't give a damn if anyone actually cares about their post count. But maybe there are some good questions in that thread, which got great answers. All of that is now gone because we let one immature little brat have the ability to do it, all because he may be smart.

I'm smart. But I'm a complete and total jerk. I know it. I love it. You're all just lucky I have restraint, a sense of [something like] common sense and maturity. If I didn't [well, I wouldn't be an admin, but if I were] you'd all be screwed every time someone ticked me off. And you all tick me off an awful lot.

Me you all trust anyway <3

Ha, you keep telling yourself that :)

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If someone double posts on accident, realizes it, edits their second post with an "Oops, sorry, didn't mean to!", reports their own post telling the staff what happened, I would not only not care that they double posted, but I would check their rep and delete any -rep they receive over something like that.

THAT is a show of responsibility. You guys don't really need the ability to delete anything. And like I said, not everyone with 100+ rep really deserves it, or should be trusted with the ability to delete their threads. Imagine if someone makes a tutorial which becomes a huge thread and then get SM for it. Lovely. Nice. Then something small happens, maybe he gives a mod/admin an attitude or something small. He gets -rep and decides that we're not GOOD enough for his tutorial.

Deletes it. The entire thing. Maybe only 30 posts all together, maybe 300. Not only did he just delete all our content [which he could edit out anyway, if he so chooses] but he just deleted all those posts that he had NO BUSINESS deleting. Mind you, I don't give a damn if anyone actually cares about their post count. But maybe there are some good questions in that thread, which got great answers. All of that is now gone because we let one immature little brat have the ability to do it, all because he may be smart.

I'm smart. But I'm a complete and total jerk. I know it. I love it. You're all just lucky I have restraint, a sense of [something like] common sense and maturity. If I didn't [well, I wouldn't be an admin, but if I were] you'd all be screwed every time someone ticked me off. And you all tick me off an awful lot.

Ha, you keep telling yourself that :)

Hmm.. I thought when a user deletes some thing its not even deleted. I thought admins can restore it with just a click of a button.

DM Cross

Reaction score
So it's okay because you're making more work for me?

... Uh. You enjoy the forum, right? You don't want a vacation? :D

[Disclaimer: That was a joke, you're not in that much trouble :) Yet :rolleyes:]

Reaction score
That made it pretty clear for me :p!

Actually if someone removes his tutorial thread, it can be still found from the archives somehow, maybe.. maybe not.. maybe it still could be there, who knows.. I don't even care to know:cool:.

Thinking of post count.. Who wants to know how many posts he/she/it?? has posted.. It could be replaced maybe with a second custom title, as I like custom title much :p.. Usually those who want to know about their post count spam it up so much so it looks really pro..

>Ha, you keep telling yourself that :)
I do, I do ;)

>Fear not.
What is this hope?

And as Ace now posted here, just came to my mind that I follow his post count more than mine :p (creepy isn't it).. As the default day-post-count is over 50 I guess ^^

DM Cross

Reaction score
Post count is not important. Content is.

Sadly, if someone wants their tutorial deleted, we can do very little to stop them. It IS, after all, their tutorial. It's somewhat "their content" as much as it is the site's content.

We could, of course, always revive the thread, edit the tutorial out. But then half the questions won't make sense. And any answers by them should be edited out, too.

Not to mention they get all pissy [ha, we care why?] about us "defying" their wishes of deleting the tutorial.

To me, it's just so simple to say "Screw it. No delete for them. Bad idea." than to go through the hassle of "So, if we give them this ability, and WHAT IF this /that/it happens?" Well. The hassles upon hassles stuff like that brings.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
actually i rather have ability to just delete my messeges instead of thread....
it would be more usefull somewhat (not that much but yet....)
i don't find myself making threads by excident
and u can trust me i won't delete any content of mine unless it's rubbish (i got a lot of that btw)
besides i think that if some1 wanna take his tutorial it's his problem....
what u have given is not urs anymore....
besides why would some1 wanna delete his tutorial?

Uareanoob i belive most people have their spells saved unless they realy hate it and they would mostly wanna approach the rest of the spells
and on the way - where did elmjr's spells contest threads dissapeared to? did u delete them? cuz i can still approach it through the link i have to it.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I think that after you get a 100 rep you can change your custom title like always. But to delete your own posts. You have to get at least a moderator to say that he believes that that person can be trusted of deleting his own posts. And then an administrator has recomend a person to be able to delete his own threads. That way only those who the admins or mods knows or trust can have these special abilities of controlling their own topic or post.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
i didn't wanted to open a new thread cuz im heaving now a similiar case:
i can delete and close a thread but it's only possible over 1 specific thread (Link Here if u wanna check) is that some kind of bug?

DM Cross

Reaction score
You CAN or you CAN'T do it in that thread?

It appears someone who messed with the permissions of that forum did it wrong o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.