I Had an delete option

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
i can do i think cuz it gives me the option to even thought i didn't try but im pretty sure i can but on rest of the thread mine or not i can't

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I think that it's good for the forum to give members with 100+ rep some kind of power, preferably one that can be undone easily, because it gives a way to see who is responsible. If no one can have any more power than a newly registered user until they're a mod, how do the admins know who can be trusted with that modship? Something like the power to delete your own posts can provide a system of evaluation for forum members. I'm not saying that has to be the power; it could be something totally different. That's just my opinion.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> it's good for the forum to give members with 100+ rep some kind of power

What???

> how do the admins know who can be trusted with that modship?

That's simple. No one.

Either way, the entire "system" is based on one basic and simple and easy concept: " Don't call us, we call you ".

Reaction score
This is such an AceHart again, you must think that it's too much to give us an option to edit our own messages :p. I bet you've been watching X-Files "Trust no1".. :p

>because it gives a way to see who is responsible.
You mean rep? You are able to spread rep to anyone anytime, but it doesn't make the person any better than he already is.

(Delete option would be useful to remove proofs, if you had flamed someone.. ;))
That's just what people call trusting people..

Reaction score
I was thinking default user "limits". Sorry.. If I misunderstood the situation :eek:

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well u could just ban everyone in the forum and this will make sure no1 will make a mess :D

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just meant that it would be a way to separate the responsible members of the forum from the irresponsible, because, yes, it is possible that someone could have a lot of rep and still not be a good member.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Responsible members...

Right. We have those? o_O

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> because, yes, it is possible that someone could have a lot of rep and still not be a good member.

Indeed.

Though deleting your own posts when needed (which doesn't happen really often) isn't that hard at all. I don't see how it reflects responsability needed for modship :)

And this thread is about deleting your post if it's the first one in the thread, thus leading in the deletion of other posts which weren't by you.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
>And this thread is about deleting your post if it's the first one in the thread, thus leading in the deletion of other posts which weren't by you.

You are correct, of course. I'm sorry for getting off track. Pertaining to the original topic, I have never seen the option to delete a post, even on the first post of threads I created.

EDIT: I found it. I just wasn't looking in the right place. However, it was weird. It gave me the option to close one thread, not delete it. Then on some others, I could do either, but on most, I couldn't do anything except add a poll to it.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
I found it. I just wasn't looking in the right place. However, it was weird. It gave me the option to close one thread, not delete it. Then on some others, I could do either, but on most, I couldn't do anything except add a poll to it.
u had some other?
i only had 1 thread with this possibility

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had maybe 3 threads where I could do that. I was thinking that the ability to do those things has a time limit on it, because I couldn't do it on my old threads, but then, there was one thread only a day old that I couldn't delete.

Doom-Angel

Reaction score
well the thread i had it with was the only new one i had so far but this one is also new yet i don't have it here

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.