I met a hacker today!

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Here's the email I sent to blizzard:

Description:
I’m sure you get a lot of these, but I’m convinced I’ve found a hacker.
So I was in a 1v1 match with a player named "Zintos" and I'm fairly certain he was using a maphack. He knew everything as soon as I did it and he had no scouts when I watched the replay.

When he failed his terribly executed attack on my base, I decided to counter attack and he knew at once. But that's predictable. The thing is, when I was near his base, he readied his militia while I was still out of sight. When I decided to creep instead, he immediately canceled his militia and sent his workers back to harvest resources.

Also, he instantly knew when I was going to harass him and was actually stupid enough to dictate my actions to me as I was doing them. That's basically what got me suspicious about him.

So I got to his base with my blademaster and his gryphons started behaving strangely (they kept jumping from space to space right over my blademaster as he got under them, then stopped when he left).

He also knew exactly when I built my beastiary and sent his pathetic army of gryphons at it. He failed, of course. Not only that but he knew exactly what I was building in the beastiary.

When he got fed up with getting repeatedly killed, he used a disconnection hack (Or so I think, I've heard they are very rare). I've never been instantly disconnected like I was that game.

Also, and I'm not sure if this is a legitimate claim, during the replay, as I was building my second hero, he selected my altar when he had no units in, or anywhere around my base. I tried to select enemies' buildings when I have no units nearby and it doesn't work.

He makes everything much more clear in the replay which I will send to you.

Also, since he was so terrible at the game itsself, I find it unlikely that he was guessing my tactics completely accurately.
I play on the US EAST server.

Thanks,
spymercinator

maphacker.jpg

I guess he was too scared to reply? :p

I attached the replay file for your enjoyment.

Demi666

Reaction score
Here's the email I sent to blizzard:

maphacker.jpg

I guess he was too scared to reply? :p

I attached the replay file for your enjoyment.

>I guess he was too scared to reply?
Lol, no I actually bet he was laughing so hard he shit his pants when you wrote that, I can't remember how many times people done that to me lmao, also MH doesn't cause permaban, if its a first offens(typo) it will only be a 30day ban, if it's a second offens it might be a realmban / cd key ban

But still, I don't think anything will happen to him, so you just made a fool of yourself public now:p imo that is

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Watch the replay and you'll see, demi.
I'm not the quickest to jump to "hacking" conclusions. I was just scaring him with the permaban comment, and I just gave you an overwhelming amount of evidence. If you had taken a small look at any of it, then maybe you would have had a more intelligable comment.
Also, I don't know about you, but as far as I know, people don't shit their pants when they laugh.

Reaction score
That's because you support hacking, Demi.

I hope this guys get's the text "Do not MH" written on his back with AK-47. Nah not really.. it's just not fan that someone ruins other games by hacking. It just means that the person can't play. I hate them. Period.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I also basically accused him of using a disconnection hack and that should be enough to earn him a permaban. My guess is that he was using a crude multihack found on some second-rate torrent tracker.

Demi666

Reaction score
Watch the replay and you'll see.
I'm not the quickest to jump to "hacking" conclusions. I was just scaring him with the permaban comment, and I just gave you an overwhelming amount of evidence. If you had taken a small look at any of it, then maybe you would have had a more intelligable comment.
Also, I don't know about you, but as far as I know, people don't shit their pants when they laugh.

>Also, I don't know about you, but as far as I know, people don't shit their pants when they laugh.

Congratulations you met a new person w/e !!

That's because you support hacking, Demi.

I hope this guys get's the text "Do not MH" written on his back with AK-47. Nah not really.. it's just not fan that someone ruins other games by hacking. It just means that the person can't play. I hate them. Period.

Yea i know:rolleyes:...

stubs101

Reaction score
"It just means that the person can't play. I hate them. Period."

Or that he can't take losing. I personally hate it when people hack but it sounds like you owned him even then... So i gotta ask... was it fun, even though he was hacking? I play games where i encounter hackers like FPS's and the jump hack is most commonly used. I sometimes own people using it and i love the feel of killing someone even though he's hacking.

Demi666

Reaction score
In ladder it doesn't matter if you hack (if your new) cause just cause you hack doesn't mean you will know how to counter stuff

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I have atleast 10 replays in my replay folder of blatant maphackers, email'd blizzard about 3 of these, and to date nothing has been done.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
>Also, I don't know about you, but as far as I know, people don't shit their pants when they laugh.

Congratulations you met a new person w/e !!
What?

"It just means that the person can't play. I hate them. Period."

Or that he can't take losing. I personally hate it when people hack but it sounds like you owned him even then... So i gotta ask... was it fun, even though he was hacking? I play games where i encounter hackers like FPS's and the jump hack is most commonly used. I sometimes own people using it and i love the feel of killing someone even though he's hacking.

It was fun emailing blizzard about it then informing him of the report.

In ladder it doesn't matter if you hack (if your new) cause just cause you hack doesn't mean you will know how to counter stuff

It matters to the players that the hacker "wins" against.

I have atleast 10 replays in my replay folder of blatant maphackers, email'd blizzard about 3 of these, and to date nothing has been done.
I'm going to keep emailing until I get results.

stubs101

Reaction score
"It was fun emailing blizzard about it then informing him of the report."

Uuuuhhhh Okay?

brodygs9630

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
First of all,i watched repaly...and he wasnt ahcking-.-i turned on fog of war when you turned invisible,and he wasnt even able to see you...first of all,he wouldof auto attacked you because you where so clsoe(when you where wind walking).

Also,near the begining,when you went over to base with blademaster,he didnt see you.he was heading his way over to that area....he even walked right passed blademaster.

Also,

that part after game when you were wispering to him threatning him you where gonna eamil blizzard....jsut cause he didnt answer doesnt mean hes scared-_-mabye he was jsut ignoring you.

so in all,he didnt map hack :D

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Map hack isn't like gem. You can see them but not attack.
Good job attempting to make this guy innocent.

w/e, nice. :thup:

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
First of all,i watched repaly...and he wasnt ahcking-.-i turned on fog of war when you turned invisible,and he wasnt even able to see you...first of all,he wouldof auto attacked you because you where so clsoe(when you where wind walking).

Also,near the begining,when you went over to base with blademaster,he didnt see you.he was heading his way over to that area....he even walked right passed blademaster.

Also,

that part after game when you were wispering to him threatning him you where gonna eamil blizzard....jsut cause he didnt answer doesnt mean hes scared-_-mabye he was jsut ignoring you.

so in all,he didnt map hack :D

Anyone who programs a maphack and lets players auto attack invisible units is an idiot.

As for walking right past the bm: People don't always keep their screen centered on their units. They might be building more at their base. He did a nice job of following the bm around, though. (In the beginning, that is).

That wasn't the only "conversation" we had. He just spammed my screen with "LOLOSOLLLOLOLOLOLOOOLLLLO" at any given time when I was in my clan channel.

I think by now it's pretty clear that he maphacked. Knowing exactly what I'm building, when I'm rushing, what I'm getting, (at any given moment), without having a single scout is just impossible without a maphack.

The thing that makes it most clear is when I was countering his first attack and when I was near (not yet in his sight) he got his militia, and when I decided to creep a green spot instead of attacking, he immediately got his peasants back to work.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Usually maphackers do get banned if they hack in ladder, though.

Yeah, my brother used to have a maphack on Warcraft III just for custom games, (No matter how much I told him not to.) and one day after he stopped playing, I got on and went into a ladder game and got banned right after. Turns out he forgot to turn them off when he was done. -.- I lost my rank 18 and tier 2 random icon. :(

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That is definitely a map hacker because in all my melee matches I have found no way to counter a surprise attack from a BM, and by making air units hover exactly above an invisible unit clearly explains it. The only way is to have the "dust" item that reveals invisible units or truesight/gem. Calling militia before someone rushes is another one, without a scout tower or any sort of unit that scouts. If he tries to destroy your expansion before you even finish building it? That's another way to find out he was MHing, because if you look at the replay and the only place he goes to attack is your expansion then he's obviously hacking or a slight change of luck.

It's a good thing you reported the idiot and he regrets hacking in any ladder matches. :thup:

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Rofl, I watched it again and all doubt was gone from my mind. This player used a maphack.

@ReVolver - The game never went as far as expansions. Watch the replay. You'll laugh at how obvious it is.

Total observations:

- He never once scouted or had revealing items. (Why? Because he hacks).
- He followed my blademaster when he was in windwalk. That is simply inexplainable.
- He knew I had a bestiary. (Possible to guess but extremely unlikely)
- He knew I had towers in the beginning of the game.
- His gryphons hovered right over me when I went to scout a second time.
- He knew what beastiary units I was getting (very unlikely - all 4 beastiary units are aa)
- He selected my altar when the fog of war was over my base.
- He knew when I was harassing. (The second time).
- He knew I was countering. (Weak evidence, but w/e).
- He called his peasants to arms when I was still out of sight but as soon as I made my army creep instead of going into his base, he instantly returned the peasants to work. (There is simply no explaining this - misclick is unlikely)

Conclusion:
He is a maphacker. There is no other explanation now. He can also disconnect people at will, apparently. (But that isn't proven yet).

What I want to do now is to find him and request a friendly match and see how he plays in it. He is honestly the dumbest hacker I have ever met. It goes against common sense to dictate what a player is doing to the player doing it. All it tells me is that he knows what I'm doing and either that he's a hacker and I should report him or that I should immediately attack or change my strategy.

D

Diablo185

Oh yeah, definately a MHer. I've actually met only one or two. The first one was when I was playing a Custom game...Can't remember which one...But he got his hero to level 19 about two minutes from the start of the game. Andthere was no save/load or xp tomes. You start with maybe 500 gold and 0 lumber, and it takes maybe 10 secondsto kill 1 unit...But yeah, congrats on reporting him. let us know if Blizzard responds to your email. And congrats on revealing him to the public to be mocked, criticized, and squealched :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.