I need help to place pathing blockers in the editor

world23wc3

Reaction score
Hi!
I am trying to make a trigger for a duel and I will need to put temporary pathing blockers to make sure that the players that are dueling can't run away. Which way is the smartest do, mass regions or with variables somehow. Or o you know any better way to do this? I'll be happy for every suggestion/help.

As usuall, thanks in advice :)
/World23wc3

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You could create an area of the map separate from the others through boundaries, which you send the units to and back again after the duel. Otherwise you should just place dead pathing blockers along the edges of regions, then replace them with functional ones when needed.

MP®

Reaction score
pick every destructible in [region] of type [dead pathing blocker] and replace them with normal pathing blockers

world23wc3

Reaction score
pick every destructible in [region] of type [dead pathing blocker] and replace them with normal pathing blockers

I still need some help;
1: I can't find any action under "destructible" that replaces a destructible with another destructible.
2: I can't find any action that picks every destructible of a type, I can only find one that picks every destructible in a region.

I'm using the normal world editor.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked destructible))
          • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
          • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Both) at TempPoint facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions

In this case you would use Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead) as the dummy blockers in the Terrain Editor. Exchange Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead) and Pathing Blocker (Both) to replace normal blockers with dummies again after the duel.

world23wc3

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Playable map area) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked destructible))
          • Destructible - Remove (Picked destructible)
          • Destructible - Create a Pathing Blocker (Both) at TempPoint facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
        • Else - Actions

In this case you would use Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead) as the dummy blockers in the Terrain Editor. Exchange Pathing Blocker (Both) (Dead) and Pathing Blocker (Both) to replace normal blockers with dummies again after the duel.

Thank you very much!!

Thank you very much!!

/World23wc3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.