I really need help to Ai´ing. WC3 TFT

Kim

Reaction score
Spell - I really need help to Ai´ing. WC3 TFT

Hi there someone was so nice as to answer my question, and i will have a closer look at this before i post another issue. But i still have some questions regarding what stands under here.

but since i posted this in the wrong area, heres a shot version.
the long one can bee seen here
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/i-really-need-help-to-ai´ing-wc3-tft.161429/#post-1372722

: I'm trying to make a map where it is possible to buy spell and hopefully weapons to, To a hero of the players choosing, basically he should be able to upgrade those as he levels throughout the game..

On the same time i want enemy heroes being able to learn and cast spells( at least so it looks like they are thinking a bit), while they rush to their own death, only to be resurrected again, by their main boss.. and non like the enemy heroes; this boss should be a little more hardcore, perhaps teleport to a safe place and casting other creature, or meteors that the player shall avoid...

Those 2 situation is what i would like to learn to make in a normal WC3Tft WE.
so please help me further.

anyway this is what KaerfNomekop answered;D Thx alot.

now heres my further questions..
1: following the guide in thread, how can i be sure that a "bot" who gains a level, will learn a spell? or upgrade it.
2: should i use a variable/string/timers to make him cast his spell? if i foreksample wants him to cast meteors, but not constantly? ( or could i just use a long cool down? )..
3: how do i make sure that he don´t use fx lightningball all the time/first spell in his list of abilities, since its on the shortest cooldown?

1. Questions of this sort ought to go into World Editor Help.
2. Given that your boss already has the abilities, you can make a trigger that gets him to cast them when certain conditions are met. For example, casting War Stomp when there are 3 or more units within range:
Trigger:
Trigger:
  • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Boss War Stomp</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Events</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Unit - A unit comes within 250.00 of Boss 0001 &lt;gen&gt;</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Conditions</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> (Number of units in (Units within 250.00 of (Position of Boss 0001 &lt;gen&gt;))) Greater than or equal to 3</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Actions</span>
    • <span style="font-size: 15px"> Unit - Order Boss 0001 &lt;gen&gt; to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp</span>

3. This thread. There's a map at the end to show you how to do it.

Pls continue helping, so i can play my own cool game;D

Reaction score
Maybe this one can help you out for no. 1...
For no. 2, I guess that AI will automatically cast some spells that he already learn, so you don't have to triggering it any more, though some spells still need triggers to order the AI to casts it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.