I THINK its the "order" action that doesn't work

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This is just a part of the trigger for a spell. A dummy unit should be summoned, creating an illusion of a unit. The unit is summoned and the variables seems to fit, but it still doesn't cast the spell.

I made the spell from the Item ability "Item Illusion" and changed all the order strings to bloodlust. Can anyone tell me what's wrong, maybe order strings doesn't work for abilities originally Item abilities?

Trigger:
  • Loop - Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Player((Integer A))) at (Position of (Random unit from (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Orb of Righteous Deception))) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Set illusioncaster = (Last created unit)
    • Set unit = (Random unit from unitgroupillusions[(Integer A)])
    • Unit - Order illusioncaster to Orc Shaman - Bloodlust unit
    • Unit Group - Remove unit from unitgroupillusions[(Integer A)]

EDIT: It is solved. Thank you.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
1) Post the rest of your trigger, or we can not help you. Just showing us a simple loop will not get you anywhere.

2) Obviously attaching orderstrings to item abilities doesn't work, as item abilities don't have orderstrings. The fact that the order string field is visible in the object editor means nothing. I tried the same with an ability based on healing salve, but could never make it run by trigger.
Pretty sure Blizzard fucked this up.
If you want to run this ability by trigger, you need to use an ability that actually has an orderstring in the first place. Channel is perfect for this, as its very customizable.

3) You leak a group and a location in the first line of your trigger. (position of = location leak ... Units owned by player = group leak)

Necrach

Reaction score
1) Post the rest of your trigger, or we can not help you. Just showing us a simple loop will not get you anywhere.

2) Obviously attaching orderstrings to item abilities doesn't work, as item abilities don't have orderstrings. The fact that the order string field is visible in the object editor means nothing. I tried the same with an ability based on healing salve, but could never make it run by trigger.
Pretty sure Blizzard fucked this up.
If you want to run this ability by trigger, you need to use an ability that actually has an orderstring in the first place. Channel is perfect for this, as its very customizable.

3) You leak a group and a location in the first line of your trigger. (position of = location leak ... Units owned by player = group leak)

OK thx, now that I know that about Item Ability based abilities, I can fix this. I really doesn't need any help with the rest of the trigger, now that this is solved. As for the tip about the leak, thx again :thup:

canons200

Reaction score
what i saw is only you created a unit and then ordered the unit to do action, do you add the ability to the unit above?

anyway under trigger there is a action, order hero/unit to use item. Try to check out there.

Necrach

Reaction score
I had the ability added to the dummy unit already, but that doesn't matter, because

Ive already changed this trigger to create a Dummy unit who are a Hero with Inventory, giving an illusion wand item to it and it works! :shades:

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Try not to use a random function if you don't need random. There are other ways to point to a specific unit, and random can sometimes give you the wrong result. Although I can't see the rest of your trigger, so maybe you do need randomization.

And you have a unit group leak there too (units owned by player of type). You need to set that to a variable then call DestroyGroup it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.