I wonder...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
How many members can the Helper.net can handle...everyday, many people register only to post a question, and then vanish without trace and never care again...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Quite a few. Knowing forums and servers, I don't think the server itself would be overloaded unless there were thousands of members on at once, posting.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
Quite a few. Knowing forums and servers, I don't think the server itself would be overloaded unless there were thousands of members on at once, posting.
And that would never occur...I see.I do have another question now...
What happens to you when you reach the maximum number of reputation? (both positive and negative)-(if it is already asked, please tell me where)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I don't think you're able to. Even then, it'd be pretty hard to get to the maximum, seeing as the creator of the site doesn't even have the maximum. (Or maybe he does; I'd have to check)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
It was just out of curiosity.So, haven't anyone reached the max rep? who are the ones with the most positive & negative rep?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
There is always a limit... it's just ethically impossible to get the max rep, because once you are at the top you only gain one rep per +rep, as is my understanding. Also who +reps admins? It won't happen unless we start a conspiracy to make one user get max rep, I'll guarantee you.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
And why would SD_Ryoko have such negative rep?

He set that himself. There's really no indicator on who has the most rep - Mainly because TH sets reputation levels for various users.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
XXXconanXXX said:
He set that himself. There's really no indicator on who has the most rep - Mainly because TH sets reputation levels for various users.
So one admin can set his rep...never mind, another one: how can you be a moderator? (stupid question, but I would like to know)

Sargon

Reaction score
FireWarrior said:
There is always a limit... it's just ethically impossible to get the max rep, because once you are at the top you only gain one rep per +rep, as is my understanding. Also who +reps admins? It won't happen unless we start a conspiracy to make one user get max rep, I'll guarantee you.

There is no limit, as far as I know. Logical_1 set his rep arbitrarily to some insanely high power of 2 once (might still be that way), and it worked. Also, how much rep you get per +rep depends on who reps you, not how much you have. So even though I have over 1000 rep points, if Conan reps me, I'll get ten more. If Conan reps you, you'd get ten more.

You be a moderator if we make you a moderator. We (the staff—mods and admins) decide when to make new ones and who they are. Please don't pester us about it, it doesn't work (not saying you are, of course, just giving a warning). :)

Sargon

Reaction score
I edited my post as you were replying. Look at it.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Please don't pester us about it, it doesn't work (not saying you are, of course, just giving a warning). :)
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I'm not pestering you...I just ask questions as stated above and my wish wouldn't be a mod because it would sure have lots of responcibilities :)
EDIT:I have this question: why only use 25 max PMS?

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I didn't know that it was set to a number. I thought it was relative...

Also, there IS a limit; all you'd have to do is set it to such a high number that the integer would be too big for a computer to process, and the server would go down like a paper airplane doused with water...

EDIT:
wewt 500 posts

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I have another qustion: How can one disable his reputation, and what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
I have another qustion: How can one disable his reputation, and what are the advantages and disadvantages?

No advantages, no disadvantages really. You disable your rep, for whatever reason you did.

BUT...

Only Administrators have this option. Not even a Super Moderator can Disable his reputation.

Phyrex1an is the only person, I believe, to disable his rep.

I hope this helps :)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Halo_king116 said:
No advantages, no disadvantages really. You disable your rep, for whatever reason you did.

BUT...

Only Administrators have this option. Not even a Super Moderator can Disable his reputation.

Phyrex1an is the only person, I believe, to disable his rep.

I hope this helps :)
It helped...I should really read admins' thread about rep...Still, I have "wonders":
Why is that and at most recent evenings I can't enter the Helper?

zylack

Reaction score
Its becuase of high loads. The helper said that this site runs ona server with 2 other large forum sites like this one, and i can imagine it straining a server with that many people on at once. evenings=rush hours i guess.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
zylack said:
Its becuase of high loads. The helper said that this site runs ona server with 2 other large forum sites like this one, and i can imagine it straining a server with that many people on at once. evenings=rush hours i guess.
Don't spread this out though-it will make people morning=rush our (and morning is MY hour, lol)
And again, how can you attach thumballs on posts? (never done it before)

zylack

Reaction score
as your posting, go down to the bottom and you will see a tab thing labeled "additional options."

bellow that find the "manage attachments" button, and when u hit it, it will open a window in which you can upload files as attachments. if it is a picture file, it will show up as a thumbnail:

Attachments

• Fitzy-Fitz1.jpg
    Fitzy-Fitz1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 241
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.