Icon Competition

Rad

Reaction score
Icon - Generic Upgrade (Green)
Icon - Generic Upgrade (Red)
Icon - Generic Upgrade (Blue)
Icon - Generic Upgrade (Colorless)

Green Red Blue and Colorless have been updated and now UPGRADE is saturated for visibility. The old is still there if you want to use them (You gotta do the conversion and DISBTN unless u PM me though :p)

*Fixed some*

B

BlizzScripts

k , this one was made in 3d Studio Max with Material editor :) and lens flare and replace color to blue in photoshop :)
Blue Moon
Thanks rad:

Rad

Reaction score
Messing around trying to make a planet like Dota Crime it actually started looking good... so I made it into some wierd type of icon one has flares on it. I have no idea what you can use the second part for but the first is like another planet.

Made with GIMP 100%

EDIT~ 56k says there is a filter in Photoshop that does this. The only filter I used was to make a perfect circle (and the icon border but thats not really a filter)

I did use special brushes for the detail though, like vines for texture and galexy for the shoreline

Rad

Reaction score
Yea first I was gonna make it like 'pollute world' or something but I couldnt get the plague effects looking right with the color of the land mass so I just got lazy and did simple flares :rolleyes:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
nother one (yes it has a border)

and another...

Rad

Reaction score
Oooh aaah swirly red vortex... black border looks like a picture not an icon though.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Heres my last minute 3rd entry, if it turns out well I'll keep it for my ability. Wow everyone's icons are so good! GJ guys!

Name: Riseing Cresendo
Discription: As the elements -Water Earth Fire and Wind- gather power and darkness mingles with light, the end spirls nearer and nearer, the Cresendo of a whirlpool of power dawns and the breaktide will sweep away all that stands...

Edit: Spelling of elements.. lol

TPOX

Reaction score
ok i got a question before i post mine
when mine is big it looks good but when i shrink the icon to icon size it looks bad how do i shrink it without lowering the quality?

Rad

Reaction score
Umm, pixels cant be shrunk so massive detail in a large image leads to massive distortion in a small one. My planet icon looked so cool in its 800x600 image, shrinking it to 64x64 still looks OK but much less quality. If you could put a pixel inside a pixel there would actually be an answer to that :rolleyes:

EDIT--

Vector, that just looks like paint draining into a sink or something... nothing to do with elements really....

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Thats not nice... and their streams of Fire Water Earth and Wind stuff... ok yea i kinda suck with icons, so thats why.

TPOX

Reaction score
this is my first icon... its a big too big though ;/ i dunno how to make a button really so be nice. :p

EDIT-I changed the size to 64 looks alot worse though, and added another one just cause im bored.

EDIT-Another one.

And another

They go in order
First one has to do with something like bone or death spell and 2nd is some kind of firearrows and last one is like a holy shield or something(like the WoW spell) 4th one is called Bone Spike.

B

BlizzScripts

ya , red its much better larger :) look this one is the same as blue moon i just didnt paint beacuse this is the Render from 3D Studio Max that gives reality.

i like the second rad ^^ looks like nuclear bombs destroying the world ^^
fun

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.