Icon Competition

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
The green is Earth... i said in wasn't a good icon maker, TPOX how on earth did you do those, they look uber. All flamy and stuff, you should try to make a burning comp. lol!

TPOX

Reaction score
i just made them with photoshop and make like flames and liquid. there my first icons so i dunno if they look any good in small view, well the last one doesnt u cant tell what it is when its 32x32 ingame but i dunno how to import.

make a burning comp? lol

oh is the competition over or is it still going?

Rad

Reaction score
TPOX on your first icon the skull looks entirely 2d, not sure if its meant to. On the second and third one why are they transparent? They wouldnt look like that if they were in flames the flames in front would look different from the flames in the back. You could use 2 50% transparent layers, put 1 in front and 1 in back (with the item in the middle) and it would probrably look better. I cant stand photoshop though, after using GIMP its like, going from Comcast to AIM since your image is stuck in a window and all. GIMP has less tools but I like it better. Yes its free but I have full version of photoshop and I like GIMP better. Not to mention photoshops brush icons SUCK! ;)

TPOX

Reaction score
dang i cant do anything now i forgot to make master copies now all the layers are together i cant do a thing grr

EDIT- Well i just copy pasted the 1 layer and redited from there >.< wish i knew when u save as a jpg it turns into 1 layer.

Anyway.. i cant change the first one to look 3dish now since i cant edit it in layers but i could remake it eventually. ;/ But for the shield did u mean do something like this?

EDIT- Heres another one, i call it blood virus.

EDIT- K hows this look for skull guy.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
WOW!!!! you got sum really nice ones!!!

ok, places:

First place: TPOX

Second Place: Agent Paper, and Rad

Third Place: xPheRe, Grurf and AddE

i will give a rep to first and second, and (if you dont hve one, and i can get an admin to give it) a sig. to first an second. i dont know what else you might require, rad... tell me. third placers will each submit one more icon of whatever they want, and i will select the best one, and give him a rep. thank you all for participating in the comp. every one did pretty good. i especialy likethos skull ones, TPOX. thx, and gj all!!!

TPOX

Reaction score
when importing icons to wc3, taking them from TGA to BLP why does it create a file that is 0 size. Like if my button is 144kb it creates a 0kb BLP.

TPOX

Reaction score
heres another one i made does it look like anything? I was trying to make a bones flying down from the sky but it doesnt look like that. does it?

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Could I get AgentPaper's sig? :D

And about my third place... First you were like:

Pyromancer said:
WOW :eek: thos are exelent!!!!! what prog did you use? very nice. and thos were just ideas for the basic guidlines, nobody really folowed them anyways..... that is defenently around first right now. thx for attaching a bigger version also. :D

See page 5 for that.

I checked all pages but haven't seen you posting something with that enthusiasm after the quoted one. And now I'm third? Doh, I must be sounding like a child here ;), but... well, I just don't agree with it.

xPheRe

Reaction score
Congrats Rad and all of you! You've been doing a good job!
Nice icons, I love TPOX ones and Axe.killer one.
Nice to be on the race for the third place, here goes my last try.

Attachments

• lastchancetobethirdlol.jpg
    lastchancetobethirdlol.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 214

Pyromancer

Reaction score
pretty good. TPOX, your icon wont count , thx for posting it tho. you already got second (almost 1, just to tell you, but you posted your icons late). gj, xPheRe, thats really nice. waiting for Adde, and grurf...

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@Pyromancer: Could you please reply on this post? Say anything about it, even that I'm disqualified for posting such things ;), but please respond.

And here's my icon for the battle about the 3th place:

Ray of Purification

Description: An alternate icon for an alternate spell: Ray of Disruption. If you set the Lightning Effects of this spell to the Healing Wave lightning, and the Target Effect to Divine Shield or anything else looking holy, I think this icon would make the customized spell complete.​

Attachments

• BTNRayOfPurification.png
    BTNRayOfPurification.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 221
  • RayOfPurification.jpg
    RayOfPurification.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 185

Rad

Reaction score
Hmm... Sorry TPOX dont be mad at me or anything I personally thought yours were better than mine...

And Grurf that looks cool, funny how something so basic and easy (GIMP spark brush and diagonal radiant) can be so useful and look good altogether ;)

EDIT~

i will give a rep to first and second, and (if you dont hve one, and i can get an admin to give it) a sig.

Lol is a sig really a reward? ive been wanting one for along time ;)

TPOX

Reaction score
:D its all good
i just saw icon thread and thought id try photoshop and try making a button found a tutorial and made one after the other in a night its fun lol.

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tutorials&t=Create_Icons

that shows you the basics how to start an icon, also save the blank frame so u can use it later when making a button if anyone wants to make buttons.

..... does anyone know how to create passive buttons because for me they look like the normal without the frame silver part and the tutorial doesnt make it change much.

Rad

Reaction score
To make passive buttons drag a black brush over the border then take a 5x5 faded brush (center is solid edge is transparent) set color to black and go over the edge. That will make it smooth and not look so... basic.

For anyone else who cares here is the standard icon templates.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I don't know if you could get a sig, did you ask and admin/mod for that reward or something?

Siefer

Reaction score
Wow! Awesome icons! I wonder who will get 3rd place?
This was a great thread, I really learned a lot in it.

I also think that an icon pack isn't such a bad idea. That would be cool.

Sargon

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
I don't know if you could get a sig, did you ask and admin/mod for that reward or something?

OK. Apparently some people have a reading comprehension problem here.

Go back and skim through the thread for posts by admins. You shouldn't have to go farther than 5 pages back to find what I'm trying to get you to see. Now, read the posts by admins. Note any posts relating to signatures.

It's not that hard.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.