Icon Competition

Pyromancer

Reaction score
I was thinking of having an icon compotition, to see all the wonderful work you gys out there are doing.
(also, so i can copy/paste them into my map, jk)

especialy invited members would be ruination, rad, master saji, agent paper, acehart, alexander.

this isnt really official, and no rewards (unless sum1 makes one,i cant)
ill judge, but feal free to send input

Sargon

Reaction score
I refuse to sanction a competition that misspells "competition."

And if you do create this, set out the rules before you start. Make them fairly rigid. I suggest that you make up one ability for which everyone will make an icon.

R

Ruination

K I just read Sargon's statement. Making an ability for us all to take a crack at is a good idea. A date to post them by is good too so no one gets ideas from others. And the misspelling is an easy one to make there :) It kinda reminds me of how Cajun Man from saturday night live might say it. 'Compotitiooooonnn'.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
ok, this competition will be for who can make the best icon for any of the following catagories:

elemental weapons, fire ice lighting, rock, light, darkness, air, ect. dagger, bow, sword, ax, staff, helm, cloak, ect.

also, elemental spells. fire blast, ice nova, chain ice, electric prison, etc.

rules:

1. No copying from war3sear.ch or anywhere else, must be YOUR work.
2. Title them
3. Change the border (optional, but favorable)
4. Origanality
5. Must be clear what the icon depicts
6. Short description (optional, but would help if icon is uncleare)
7. Icon must be 64 by 64, and in either .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, or .tga (preferable not tga)

Pyromancer

Reaction score
The Helper said:
I fixed the spelling in the thread title.
thx, i dont know how to do that (maby i cant.

heyimnotnoob said:
Great! when does this take place?
i dont think thats its been sanctioned yet, but you can post your icons now, and i will judge them, and mabey +rep the winners if theres nothing else i or anyone else will or can do..... mabey we (me and sum1 else like sargon) can make this official. that would be cool (hint hint, sargon)

Sargon

Reaction score
I'm not judging anything.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
ok, sargon.

krakka, thx so much. im the WORST speller in the world (not inclueding those who cant read/write)

the competition starts today, and will end thursday, or friday.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Not to complain -as i am diffenetly thinking of entering this- but Elemental Weapons and spells are every type of spell warcraft3 related and Bows, Daggers, Helemts are all the non-spell icons warcraft3 releted.. just to point that out :D

Pyromancer

Reaction score
whatever. fine, i want fire, Fire, FIRE, FIIIIIRRRRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND PYROMANCER ICONS, TOO. yup, make your own idea of what a pyromancer is. heres a flame sword with a cool backround: (attached)

sucky, i know, did it iin like, 5 min

R

Ruination

Ruination's Pyromancer Icon

Here is my Pyromancer :) I post my icons actual size so they match in-game appearence since that is what matters.

Ok ok here is a bigger copy.

Attachments

• Pyromancer3 copy.jpg
    Pyromancer3 copy.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 550
  • Pyromancer4.jpg
    Pyromancer4.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 325

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
i wish you could attach em bigger I cant see that for shit

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
My one, it has a story =). I was making my map, and saw a quite cool vampiress model. When I put it in my map, I realized that it didn't have an icon with it. So I made it myself (not from scratch, though, based it on a screenie and optimized it a lot so it looked like a good icon), and I think it looks quite well. It is a unit (actually hero) icon, so I hope I'm allowed to submit it.

Edit:

About the rules:

Pyromancer said:
1. No copying from war3sear.ch or anywhere else, must be YOUR work.
2. Title them
3. Change the border (optional, but favorable)
4. Origanality
5. Must be clear what the icon depicts
6. Short description (optional, but would help if icon is uncleare)
7. Icon must be 64 by 64, and in either .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, or .tga (preferable not tga)

1. war3sear.ch doesn't exist, I think you mean wc3sear.ch? My icon isn't copied from there, the model it was made for is.
2. The title is: Vampiress
3. I actually don't think that is favorable, seeing that most ppl use normal borders, and therefore wouldn't be quite happy if all the icons in the contest are spoiled with a custom border.
4. It isn't very original... Hmmm... Might make a one that is original.
5. Seems clear enough to me, at least if you have seen the model
6. Scroll up! :)
7. I attached a 64x64 jpg. What is so bad about tga btw? It is lossless, smaller than bmp and directly convertable to blp with WC3 Image Extractor II.

Attachments

• BTNVampiress.jpg
    BTNVampiress.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 478

Pyromancer

Reaction score
oh, i dont know what is was talking about with not tga. whatever. verynice, i like it. custom boarders are optional, i just wanted to see what you came up with..... gj ruination, and gruff. ruination, it was kinda hard what it showed.... keep posting!!!!!!!! yes, i did mean wc3sear.ch

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I know it's an "icon" competition, and icons are small, but perhaps, for the sake of our eyes, we can allow bigger versions to be attached, thus helping us judge whatever the hell a person crammed into such a small space?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
No, that would make this into a "Picture competition", making it so you can tell what the icon is of is part of the challenge of making a good icon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.