Icon Competition

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
my eyes hurt....maybe its just cuz its so late.....but still.....amek em bigger...... :eek:

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Another entry, titled Dark Blast. I have attached a bigger version without the warcraft icon border. Warcraft has some kind of missile that looks like those circles on the picture, if you use that one as the spell missile and give it this icon... I just created this with gimp, nothing is copied from anywhere.

Edit: Wait that shadow looked messed up, give me some time to fix it please.

Edit2: Now it looks a whole lot better :).

Attachments

• DarkBlastBig.jpg
    DarkBlastBig.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 214
  • BTNDarkBlast.jpg
    BTNDarkBlast.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 388

Pyromancer

Reaction score
very nice again, gruff. thats a good idea, make a big and small version. uranoob, ur a noob. where in the world of warcraft is that icon going to be used...... nice boarder, i guess...

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Who gruf, you are realy talented w/ making art on the computer, and what program did you use for that, photoshop, paint?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Here's mine, can I submit 2?

Rad

Reaction score
Ok i made one just for fun, took 10 minutes so dont expect it to be good. Didnt know what to call it so i just called it enchant weapon. I made kinda a wooden border and its freehand (Cept i used a neon yellow thing for the yellow behind the sword, but still had to edit a bunch to make it go around the handle and blend in right)

EDIT: Added border to the enchant thing and uploading flare that i did about 3 weeks ago

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Well here's a second one wheter or not it's allowed :rolleyes:

Rad

Reaction score
I like the border agent paper, but was it done in paint theres no shadows or highlights... The border is good though i dont care if it was done in paint ;)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
No, everything in both of my icons were done in photoshop.

Mattador

Reaction score
So far Grurf's icon is winning. It has good production values, clean, easy to see, and looks authentic. Plus its clever because he based it on actual missle art. So you could make an ability actually look like the icon. Very clever indeed.

A

AddE

Mattador said:
So far Grurf's icon is winning. It has good production values, clean, easy to see, and looks authentic. Plus its clever because he based it on actual missle art. So you could make an ability actually look like the icon. Very clever indeed.

Grurfs??? (No offense tho Grurf, your is second :p)Not if you ask me, i vote for Ruination!!!! His icon is so damn cool..
( see page 1, he also has attached thumbnail now)

Hmm i think im gonna be in it, when does it end? Because my scanner isn't working so i cant start making it until monday :( .

-EDIT- How many icons is it allowed to be posted in the competition? Coz i have 1 ready right now, another one ready by tuesday maybe, and then i think im gonna start drawing right now.

Rad

Reaction score
Lol ruinations is just a satyr with fire on the back, ruinations is just a bunch of flarefx ;) (just like flare woot)

A

AddE

Hmm... Maybe :) .. I'm noob at making icons so i have no idea.

Made 1 icon tho, don't wanna post it here because

1. I dont know if it's in topic.
2. I haven't made a frame yet. ( So it's almost done, but it wont take long for me to make a fram )
3. I don't want to compete with it because I'd rather make a better-looking one and compete with it ( if you only can make 1 icon for the competition )

R

Ruination

Okay...I'm going to sound like a grump here. I spent several hours on my icon coming up with something for what pyro said the genre should be. I tried several things and came up with what he issued for the required genre. I spent several hours on the 'just a satyr with fire' alone. And now I see this is random icon submission. So, not to sound too grumpy, but please withdraw my icon and ignore it--judge the others. I'm not mad or anything, I just didn't sign up for a submit whatever icons you have lying around competition. I do like Grurf's first missle one a lot tho.

Rad

Reaction score
Lol well if you can only submit one then im disqualified...

Lightning shield is just a shield with a lightning bolt embedded in it, sparklers well i dont know bunch of random stuff... and the fiery nuke is well a nuke symbol thats all... fiery?

EDIT - theres a new one... im sure you know which one it is :eek:... I call it 'Agent Paper' :eek:

A

AddE

Ah wtf I'll post my icon, but if its only allowed to be 1 icon, can I like delete this one and post another?

Here it is, dont expect too much, its my first icon. Well also, its two verisions of it, wich ones best? And .. I dunno if the icons really 100% finished but ah wtf.

Attachments

• Death Rage.gif
    Death Rage.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Death Rage2.gif
    Death Rage2.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 297

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The Vampiress was just lying around, but the Dark Blast icon was made from scratch for this contest. As far as I know, the rules don't say anything about the icons being made specially for this contest, or just submitting things you made before the contest had started. Maybe ask Pyromancer to put this in as a rule? In that case my Vampiress icon doesn't need to be judged.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Heres another

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.