Illusion Help

NetherHawk

Reaction score
Ok my illusion question is about dota's doppelwalk. I know a map that has been approved has been made about doppelwalk. Im not looking down on the map maker or anything but his doppelwalk just dosnt look good. In dota the illusion takes exactly the same place which the hero was @ when doppelwalk is casted. I would like to know how this is achieved ( the doppelwalk in spells section just created an illusion to the side of the hero ) which ruins the whole point of doppelwalk.

For those who do not know: when doppelwalk is cast, the hero is wind walked , an illusion is created which takes his place ( almost exactly ) so you cant tell that an illusion was created. The illusion will continue to move in the same direction the hero was before doppelwalk was cast. Vry smooth transition.

How is the illusion placement achieved?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't understand.

So you want to create an illusion at the point of the caster, and make the caster invisible?

If so, that is easy.

zxczxzczx

Reaction score
he wants to know how to order the illusion to move further after it is summoned.

i think you first detect the cast windwalk(dopelwalk), summon a dummy that would cast the illusion and pick the units around the caster(unit type=unitype of triggering unit and unit is an illusion = true)then order the picked unit to move to castpoint ofset by 500 at units facing degrees.

(sori dont have WE right now)

NetherHawk

Reaction score
i have tried to do this before... doesnt seem smooth. i know how to order the illusion.

what im concerned is how to make it a seamless transition. to an opponent the hero appears to be moving conitnuously whereas halfway the hero is invis and in place is an illusion.

kaboo

Reaction score
here's a simple dota-like doppelwalk
Trigger:
  • doppel walk
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Wind Walk
    • Actions
      • Set caster = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Serpent Ward to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Serpent Ward (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Trigger:
  • doppel walk items level movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Blademaster
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move (Summoned unit) instantly to (Position of caster), facing (Facing of caster) degrees
      • Hero - Set (Summoned unit) Hero-level to (Hero level of caster), Hide level-up graphics
      • Unit - Order (Summoned unit) to Move To ((Position of caster) offset by 900.00 towards (Facing of caster) degrees)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Hero - Create (Item-type of (Item carried by caster in slot (Integer A))) and give it to (Summoned unit)

clarification:
-you have to change the serpent ward summoned unit to your hero, change duration to whatever u want and buff to illusion or doppel walk illusion or whatever you want again :p

also demo map provided
(just ignore the ownership changing triggers, they have nothing to do with this)

EDIT - anyone knows how to change unit color for only a selected group of players?
EDIT2 - remade and reuploaded the map, now it looks a bit more like doppelwalk but my question still remains
EDIT3 - using wand of ilusion is a lot easier :D

zxczxzczx

Reaction score
you summons the unit? and not an illusion??

i thought you would use an illusion skill, it would be much easier to use a dummy and order it to create an illusion of the hero(wand of illusion).

kaboo

Reaction score
nevermind - this works too (yes i know its far from being completed)
Trigger:
  • doppel walk movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Uses an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Last created unit) of type Wand of Illusion)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) is an illusion) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Position of caster), facing (Facing of caster) degrees
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To ((Position of caster) offset by 900.00 towards (Facing of caster) degrees)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.