Illusionary Orb

Magazette2

Reaction score
Illusionary orb is where faeria dragon shoots a ball of light towards a direction and it damages any unit that gets in its way. What do i use to detect a unit getting in its way. Unit comes within range dwont work because its specific and i cant tell what units will actually be hit by it before hand

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Give the orb immolation and make it just damage per second while it passes by with no special effects on it.

Magazette2

Reaction score
problem 1 is:

its not a dps its just a specified damage and if it stays near the orb it wont keep doing damage it just does it once

2 is:

I want to be able to change the damage so that when it passes through a certain type of unit it gets stronger and bigger

RedRage

Reaction score
Make a dummy unit... Give it immolation... order it to move to where ever, thats how its done. Or at least thats how i would do it.
And you make a trigger to set lvl of immolation to lvl of casters ability

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
It's a simple trigger that picks all units in the way of the Orb and damages then. A periodic event. Maybe register when a unit is hitted and if the unit was already hitted then don't damage it :p

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
It's a simple trigger that picks all units in the way of the Orb and damages then. A periodic event. Maybe register when a unit is hitted and if the unit was already hitted then don't damage it :p

You can do this with Group. Pick every unit within the illusionary orb, and then if picked unit isn't in that group the add it and damage it. If already in the group, dont damage. Use this with conditions.

RedRage

Reaction score
.... No it doesn't... Only when it goes over the enemy it gets damaged, and the faerie can teleport wherever the orb is...

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
.... No it doesn't... Only when it goes over the enemy it gets damaged, and the faerie can teleport wherever the orb is...

Then with the periodic event, you check the positon of the orb. And when the other ability is click, you move the caster into the position of the orb, and you destroy the orb.

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
The orb must be a dummy (otherwise it would hard to determine its location)

So to make it deal "Fixed damage" to all units, you can do checks using periodic events.
This trigger should be always "off" and switched "on" only if there is an orb flying.

Code:
E - Periodic event, every 0.1 second
C - 
A -
Set TempUnitGroup = all units within 200 of <orb>
For each unit in TempUnitGroup do
Loop
.. If <DamagedUnits> contains Picked Unit NOT equal to true
.. Then
.. .. Unit Group - Add Picked Unit to <DamagedUnits>
.. .. Unit - Order <Hero> to damage Picked Unit for <XX> damage
Custom Script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempUnitGroup)

<orb> would be a variable assigned to your orb
<Hero> would be a variable assigned to the hero casting the orb
<DamagedUnits> would be a unitgroup variable set to contain nothing when casting the spell
<XX> would be damage dealt, you can set it as an equation based on the level of the ability of the caster.

So as the orb fly pass, it will pick all units near it and check, dealing damage to any unit only once.

All is hand-typed, so some actions might be off.

Magazette2

Reaction score
its not a periodic damage

it does a single nuke like damage. Its not immolaion, for is it a triggered immolation

im not trying to make it, im trying to make a different one where i damages units and if it passes over a dead unit it will gt bigger and deal more damage to the units that it will hur next. If it kills a unit then it will also get bigger and stronger.

Pigger

Reaction score
They aren't saying it's periodic. They are merely saying you will need a periodic trigger going off whenever the spell is cast to determine if a unit is within range of the orb to be hit.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
It's yet another "move dummy unit to location X" script, picking every unit within around 80.00 units and damaging them once.

Think Pudge Hook, PotM Precision Arrow, etc.

This -can- be done in GUI, but is usually done in JASS

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
This is more like a custom shockwave instead.

A shockwave with the option to be "stopped" halfway and the caster hero teleporting to it.

Magazette2

Reaction score
for the last time

im not trying to make illusionary orb

how do i dectect whether a unit is part of a group

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
i think the closest way u can detect is to make if actions

Code:
unit group - pick every units in 300 range of unit
  loop -
   [B]if[/B]
   - bla is equal to bla
   [B]then[/B]
   - do bla bla

Naminator

Coming Back To Life
Reaction score
Like this:

The variable are example. This will give you an idea. Then use If/Then/Else to when stop the trigger and desytroy the orb.

Code:
Illusionary Orb Example
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Unit_Loc = (Position of Your Unit)
        Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 225.00 of Unit_Loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Unit_Caster)) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is in Unit_Group) Not equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Unit_Group
                        Unit - Cause Unit_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (60 x (Real((Level of Illusionary Orb  for Unit_Caster))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
         Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Unit_Loc)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.