Illusions

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
Heya i got a few questions about illusions so i will state them here:
1. does illusions gain abilities added by trigger from the original unit? -if not can you give illusions abilites by triggers?
2. does illusions gain the same custom value as the original unit? -if not can you give illusions custom value?
3. can illusions be added/removed from unit groups as normal units?
4. can you in some way detect the original unit (where the illusion came from) in any effective way? -please bear in mind that i haven't been using world editor in a looong time and my jass ability is barley above basic.

Any answear would be wellcome =)

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
1. As far as I know Illusions can't have abilities.
2. Illusions will not have the same Custom Value, but you can get them a new Custom Value.
3. Illusions can be added and removed from Unit Groups.
4. There would be no easy way to do this using actual Illusions.

If you would want to have all of these things, you could make some Illusions System, you could create units and change their coloring to look like Illusions. You could then detect the original unit as well as add abilities.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
1. doesn't illusion get passive abilites such as crit evasion?
2. okay :)
3. okay :)
4. okay :'(

well I have a half workin system (it doesn't support mui :p) so was looking for an easy way out, oh well thanks :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
1. illusions will gain all passives but none of the bonuses of the passives (ie: unit has spiked carapace, illusion will look the same and have the armor bonus but that armor bonus will be ignored and the damage return is ignored but it will have the artwork of the spiked carapace) however i dont believe passives in items count for auras but i may be wrong
2. custom value is custom to every unit but can easily be set to the same custom value as the illusion's original
3. answered above fully by ryushi
4. the only way to detect the original would be to set it when the ability is cast and save it in a variable or hashtable

Edit: any proc on effect abilities will work on illusions (IE: Bash, Mana Burn, Crit, Evasion, Orb of Corruption/Frost/Darkness/Fire/poison, and other orb effects), this is so that the illusion is believeable, however any bonus damage or armor is not counted in these effects, ie: original will crit for more if it has obtained a tome or has a damage item (yes tomes count as bonus damage eventhough they are displayed as base damage) but the illusion will crit lower

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.