I'm back! (And Getting N501 fully working)

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently got my interest back in the Nuon world when I found a N501 in a pawn shop for $19.95. :D That was fun.

Actually didn't get a chance to power it up till today. I need to stop with this adulting. Gets in the way of my gaming. Anyway, powered it up, it loaded a disc, but the start button on the controller (which is tested fine) did not start the game. I probably need to open up the N501 and see what the disconnect is on the controller port.

Aside from that, played some Merlin Racing on my Toshiba 2300 and had a blast in the meantime.

But someday I will get to try those homebrew games. Got the N501 and it just needs a little love. And a remote control one day.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Jonas I'll have to come up with a pic. I have since bought a second N501 since for $50 since the first did not come with a remote.

I also figured out that the controllers need to be connected when you start a game or the N501 will not recognize the controllers. Cool. Played some Merlin Carts (love that game) and Ballistic (another game I like).

Tried burning Doom on Burn on the Mac in PC Joliet format at 8x speed (lowest it would go) but made two coasters so far.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Alright! Was able to burn a Doom disc on the Mac using Burn.

The trick was putting in some LARGE padding files so I added some movie files the Nuon couldn't read, about 450 mb worth. :D This is great! So how hard is it to port a game?

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
So now I can burn a disc no problem but currently working to figure out the boot loader. Made a few more coasters where the the disc comes up with the standard VLM menu but not with the programs I have loaded on the disc. Bootpak when executed does not seem to be building a directory. Still working on this one.

At least I got Doom working. :D

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Alright, I figured out the bootpaxker for the most part.

Got the Bootpac to see my list.

So here is how it went.

AND I also added Killmind (which needs to be added to the download list). This was a fun game and one of the better games of the above list.

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Alright, I got the Atari800 emu to load MULE. After hitting the button on the initial warning screen THEN you hold down C and it loads MULE. Not as slow as I thought it would be, though sound would be nice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.