Imbedded program in website?

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I want to make a program that has an interface the user can interact with, (a lot like a paint program), I want it able to be imbedded in a website & have a way to save the image produced as a jpeg/gif/etc. to the user's desktop. Will I be able to do at least some of this in javascript? It's a sort of final project idea for my CS class. And what other languages should I know?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
That kind of stuff is done with Java (not JavaScript, they are completely different things) or perhaps Flash (not sure if you would be able to make it save in that case though).
Worth mentioning that in both cases you would basically be making a standalone applet which can, but doesn't have to, be displayed in a web browser (meaning it might not be the best thing to make if you want your project to be web design related).

Anyway, it seems an open source Java implementation of something like that already exists, you might want to check it out.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
This could be done in Javascript but it would take at least 1000+ lines of coding just to create the paint features. And what you are asking for, Andyoyo, can be done easily in Flash or, as SFilip pointed out, in Java.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
TY for your help

I have another problem with java, the teacher gave us the program JGrasp, but I am in the library & when I download it from java.sun.com, every time I press the test code button, it says I need the latest version, which I thought I just installed. :banghead:

Any good other program that open java files & can test work other than JGrasp?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.