immolation bug

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
i need to know how to fix this bug
my problem is that my trigger is based when a unit comes in the aeo of thhe immolation the unit gets a buff like it normal happans
when the unit gets the buff the owner of the ability attacks the unit with the buff
but somehow the other unit doesnt get any buff when it gets in the area
[the spell is on checked]
[tried to use target in object editor]
tried to use buff in object editor]

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, to add a buff to a unit, you need to have a spell which uses the buff, and order a dummy to cast the "Buff-applying" spell on the desired unit...

Have you done that ? :S

And, why not simply use the normal immolation, and add a buff there ? :S

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> gets a buff like it normal happans

Does it? As far as I know, Permanent Immolation doesn't buff the affected unit. Not too sure about Immolation though. I think it should be the same.

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
And, why not simply use the normal immolation, and add a buff there ? :S

i am using the normal immolation and iactivate it if i use criple buff the caster gets that buff ..

Does it? As far as I know, Permanent Immolation doesn't buff the affected unit. Not too sure about Immolation though. I think it should be the same.

im using so much detailed data like hero ability demon hunter

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
instead helping by this mabye somone else knows a trigger when a unit type comes in range of unit that the unit attacks the other unit

here are my triggers if that helps

[side trigger]
Trigger:
  • ghoul create
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Ghoul
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Ghoul aeo to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Activate Immolation
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Ghoul_Group

[move trigger]
Trigger:
  • Ghoul walk
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Ghoul_walk and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                • Conditions
                  • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Order(move))
                  • (Current order of (Picked unit)) Not equal to (Order(attack))
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 1000.00 towards 180.00 degrees)
            • Else - Actions

[in range trigger]
Trigger:
  • Ghoul in range
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.20 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Moon Archer) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Immolation) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Random unit from (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Ghoul))) to Attack (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions

so can anyone tell me why this aint working? or somone know how to do it in a other way that will work?

NetherHawk

Reaction score
Why do you even need to check for the buff immolation. i rather you use the conditions Unit is Enemy, Unit is Magic Immune, Unit is Alive, Unit is Structure.

I dont think immolation gives a buff.

Secondly, the trigger is nearly instantaneous. What if there are 2 units within the AoE. He cant Possibly attack the 2 units. He will be ordered to attack 1 and before it can be completed the target is changed to the 2nd unit.

What units are in the Ghoul Walk group. I dont see you adding any units to that. Did you set Ghoul_Group = Ghoul_Walk?

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
the ghoul group is to create after they finished the level they wont see the mass ghousl cause i focused the camera to let them walk sorta a path ghoul ill be one of the obstacles

and the moonarcher does not attack the ghousl the ghoul attack the moon archer while i search around the moon archer

thanks anyway i wil ltry other conditions ithought this was the best to do but doesnt work ..ok

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.