Incinerate doesn't work!

mr_fj

Reaction score
I just can't make the Firelords Incinerate spell work! I idn't make a custom spell, I'm just using the original, but almost every unit he attacks; only the first hit does the damage. All the other attacks does no damage at all! Not even the original hero damage!

I'm so confused, why does incinerate cancel the Firelords damage?

naughty

Reaction score
i had the same problem and i never solved it...I know i didn't helped you, i just wanna make you feel better that you are not the only one that has given up from that spell :)

Taishaku

Reaction score
Incinerate is partially hardcoded. I personally never figured everything out myself, but you can't seem to modify the damages involved.

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
What is your map? Is it your original map? Is it deprotected? What is it? Cause sometimes, if you deprotect a map, it can cause problems like abbilities not working, or server splits, as well as map failures, so i would suggest making a new map, totally from scratch, if that is your case. Also... dont just export, import the broken abbilites, just totally from scratch.

mr_fj

Reaction score
It's my own map, i didn't deprotect it and i didn't even change any values... just spawned a firelord and added some units to the map and pressed play... to test if it worked that way. I don't get it :(

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
make a trigger doing it then?
set inci = 1
set dmg = damage dealt
loop
if (~unit is dead ~)
do
loop ended
set dmg[randomnu] = 0
else
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (picked unit), dealing (dmg+inci) damage of attack type <> and damage type <>
set inci = (inci+1)

loop it for every time he attacks, maybe make it an activate abillity? so that u got controlled attack speed and u know when its activated

an idea, i whud have tried make it in this kind of way... maybe u understnad what i mean? :) gl

mr_fj

Reaction score
make a trigger doing it then?
set inci = 1
set dmg = damage dealt
loop
if (~unit is dead ~)
do
loop ended
set dmg[randomnu] = 0
else
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (picked unit), dealing (dmg+inci) damage of attack type <> and damage type <>
set inci = (inci+1)

loop it for every time he attacks, maybe make it an activate abillity? so that u got controlled attack speed and u know when its activated

an idea, i whud have tried make it in this kind of way... maybe u understnad what i mean? :) gl

I don't like having trigger based spells in my maps, too much. I'll just think of another hero to add :) Check out my map soon in the member projects section (Still very WIP though)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
is there some other orb effect messing with you? does it work if you manually cast is as opposed to leaving it on autocast?

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Did you change the incinerate buff? some buffs are used in the hard coded triggers blizzard has wrote... Example is Healing Spray, if you change the buff it will not work... This is because a lot of abilities check to see for a specific buff and the buff is what acutally saves the data or lets it be applied.

You will be able to have explosion damage by changing the buff, but i believe you will not be able to accomplish damage adding per attack.

mr_fj

Reaction score
Did you change the incinerate buff? some buffs are used in the hard coded triggers blizzard has wrote... Example is Healing Spray, if you change the buff it will not work... This is because a lot of abilities check to see for a specific buff and the buff is what acutally saves the data or lets it be applied.

You will be able to have explosion damage by changing the buff, but i believe you will not be able to accomplish damage adding per attack.

I didn't change the buff.

The explosion works fine, but the Firelord does no damage at all when he has learned Incinerate!

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
Do you have negative values or something?

For your values under DataA1 what is it? (Bonus Damage)

And are you using this as a item, hero, or regular unit ability?

Also did you change your targets allowed?

mr_fj

Reaction score
Do you have negative values or something?

For your values under DataA1 what is it? (Bonus Damage)

And are you using this as a item, hero, or regular unit ability?

Also did you change your targets allowed?

I didn't change anything at all! It's the original Ignite with the original buff on the original Firelord in a custom map.

WuHT

Reaction score
i've tried this on a non-hero unit, editing the properties of the original Anic (incinerate).

It doesn't work until the unit casts unholy frenzy on himself (VERY ODD). Is this buff related ? self buff or target buff ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.