Incinerate is bugged?

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
Is the ability incinerate bugged? Because in a TD i made, a tower were supposed to have the incinerate death explosion. But when the tower attacks a unit, it usualy dont deal damage (only a few times the tower deals damage). I see the projective flying in the air, hitting the target, giving it the Incinerate buff. Still the target doesnt take any damage. But the death explosion works fine when i finaly hit a target so it takes damage and die.

Anyone know why?

Arkan

Nobody rides for free
Reaction score
You can't make a custom ability of incinerate, you must modify incinerate directly, at least I had to do that a long time ago.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Incirenate does not damage the unit every seconds as far as I know. Based on Sand Kings "Poison Sting" in DotA, it wont damage your unit every second.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
^It's "Caustic Finale"

The problem here, as I see, is that the tower sometimes didn't deal damage to the enemy, right?
But the AoE damage on death works.
Strange.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I have the same problem, I shall try what Arkan said, worth a try. If it works, I'll post it.

EDIT: Didn't work.

Some1Sneakin

Reaction score
You can't make a custom ability of incinerate, you must modify incinerate directly, at least I had to do that a long time ago.

Ill try that and hope it works :p

Edit:

Nope, i edited the standard incinerate ability and it still didnt work, the tower doesnt deal damage to the creeps most of the times.

OK im giving up, im making that ability triggered!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Oh, also it only works on ranged heroes.

To be exact, "units with Missile weapon type"

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
i dunno if this applies to incinerate or not, but some orb effect abilities require a direct atk order i.e. right-click enemy, press A and click target, or press A and choose a point. try issuing an atk order to the tower and see if the effect works like that. if it does, do something like this

Code:
E:
A unit is attacked
C:
Level of Incinerate for attacking unit > 0
A:
Order Attacking unit to attack Attacked Unit

that shud override auto-atk and give a direct atk order (dont bother with it unless the ability works when you issue the direct order, this is just to remove the huge micro'ing you would have to deal with if you had to issue orders to every tower with the abil ^^)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
For some things like cluster rockets you cant change the effect\buff. Did you? That MIGHT make it not work...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.