Is Anyone Returning to WoW after WotLK is Launched?

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I've been wondering since I hear a lot of people are deciding to return to WoW when the expansion comes up because of its new features. (My sources for this asumption did not come from the forums) In this case, I'm wondering if anyone else is having thoughts about returning due to the expansion. Post your thoughts and true opinions about this.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I will be. I'm in my last term of school, so I don't have much to do for a few months after that (i'm taking a gap year, so no university either, just a crappy job).

skullkidd

Reaction score
I most likely will be. Not for a extensive amount of time but for awhile. The expansion does look good.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I am doing the opposite, quitting WoW in the release of Wotlk, mainly because I have been playing WoW for 3 years now almost non-stop, but I also have faith in Warhammer Online which I hope will outshine WoWs PvP system.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
warhammers online pvp mightbe better

but still EA is the publisher

and taking out 4 of the main cities and 4 classes means to me EA is pushing .

and no PR BS from mythic bout trying to get it right is making sense to me .

just like funcom with AoC ..ship a game that is not finished .

the whole ship now patch later .. that will totally backfire

WoW and Lotro set standards . And most Warhammer beta testers are moaning like old grandma's

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I know little of Warhammer Online, but from what I've heard I have my heart in WotLK. I have a firm belief that underestimating Blizzard is a fool's game. Not to mention WotLK looks really, really, awesome, even if they did steal the achievements system from Warhammer.

I

ICedigger

I really can't wait to return now... I'm going to reroll DK directly! ;>

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I already Play Wotlk (Beta too) lol...Well on my pc,all races can be death knight..lol really lol.

And when Wotlk Fully be released,warriors can carry two hand weapons in one hand!

Ellimistrox

Reaction score
I am soooo going to play it, but i seriously need an 60 warr and 60 rogue, their talent trees look awesome as. I think that since so many people seem to be getting bored of WoW now and players may be starting to go down, they'll go all out with everything they can.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Never returning to that game again.

Once season 2 was released the game went straight downhill. Season 3/4 and Sunwell made it steeper.

With the release of buying PvP gear with honor, Blizzard doomed the game from keeping it's original and true players. Now it is next to impossible to see a player who actually played Pre-BC succeed in either Raiding/PvPing. Any idiot who has enough time or downloads a bot was able to get gear rivaling that of T5 without effort, without skill, and without gaining knowledge of the game.

All of a sudden you have an inflation of S1 gear, and then S2, and then rating selling and point selling became popular and then you have S3 geared players gaining entry into the end-game content that Pre-BC they would never of had, because they didn't know how to play well enough to succeed.

The game is inflated. The release of Sunwell did no part in correcting that either; infact it made it worse, with the opening of many new dailies, new badge gear, 25 dailies per day, and the ability to farm Sunwell Trash, and the worst one: Buying PvP gear with PvE tokens... wtf were they thinking?

Attunements were made for a reason.

I played since the first month of WoW was released. The game was spectacular, and every patch made it better and better. Granted 40 man raids were a bit to much (you can't even get 40 players to get online for a raid now). The PvP system was brutalizing and yet addictive. The arena patch made up for losing the ranking system they had, but as I said before. Season 2/3/4 destroyed PvP.

The last time a decent World PvP was carried out on my server, I think I was still leveling from 60 - 70 a couple weeks after BC was released. And yes my old server is PvP.

Season 4 only did a small effect to correct the inflation. The ratings needed for the items are minimal at best, not even requiring effort to get full gaurdians, the first day of S4 I saw 2/5, 3/5 within hours (Yes I was among them), but I would armory their arena teams, and they were all 1400 - 1600 just farming the points untill the new season came out.

I already Play Wotlk (Beta too) lol...Well on my pc,all races can be death knight..lol really lol.

And when Wotlk Fully be released,warriors can carry two hand weapons in one hand!
^.... make arms more OP? Kthnx. WotLK is turning into Warhammer, a disappointment.

All in all, this huge flame of what was great and now is lost... ends in.

Screw you WotLK. AoC here I come.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
^.... make arms more OP? Kthnx.

Pretty sure it's a Fury talent.

Screw you WotLK. AoC here I come.

AoC was a huge disappointment, alot of bugs and lack of content.

I'm deciding whether to get WAR, which will come out somewhere around a week before WotLK, or to return to WoW with the expansion.

Either way, I'll abandon both as soon as KotOR online hits the shelves.

TFlan

Reaction score
I'm rather pleased with the results of AoC, the graphics are above the standards set by Blizzard.

The PvP is much better, the gameplay is on par with WoW.

However there are many aspects of MMORPG's that Blizzard has set as standards that many lack, IE Warhammer. AoC is a new born, compare AoC with the first month of WoW, if you played WoW then. You'll see some similarities.

All games gotta start somewhere, WoW was there, but lost it. AoC is gaining its spot on the ladder as one of the best-to-be if the developers continue with what has been published so far.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Never returning to that game again.

Once season 2 was released the game went straight downhill. Season 3/4 and ... *I won't quote the whole post to prevent wall of text*

I agree with that post. I just re-started playing and I'm disappointed with the game, seriously. Before stopping I had 5/5 S1 glad and so I was very well geared, S2 was going out in about 2 weeks.

I had Marshal stuff and almost full epics. People who were full epic were not common.

Now, it's a joke. If you aren't full epic, you are a bad player by definition. "Do not get near me with those lame S1/S2 epics you nub!". "Quit talking shit when you are geared with such crap" ("such crap" being only epics of s1/s2).

So well, getting epics is so easy now it's boring, and gathering gold is becoming too easy too. I've got 2500 gold and don't know what to do with it...

I stopped previously because I had rushes of exams. Now I will stop because the game is obviously boring.

TFlan

Reaction score
The first month of WotLK would be fun PvP wise, PvE wise its just a waiting game to let everyone else catch up to level 80.

There will be no influx of idiots running around in full epics 1 shotting everyone, so it will be primarily skill based pvping.

That would be the only reason I would go back, unless they get their heads straight and don't inflate the PvP system again.

Other than that, Warhammer so far has my attention.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.