Is it possible to make auras do this?

cstorm

Reaction score
Hi, i've been working on a map for a while now and finally gotten to the heroes. The hero i'm making is a heavy aura using hero, but i felt it slightly overpowered to have a hero that can use 5 different auras at the same time with no cost to him. so i'm wondering if its possible to force the hero to "Activate" the auras at a cost of 2 mana/second. Sorta like an immolation ability, but with aura instead of a aoe effect. The aura would also be able to deactivate to save mana, and allow mana regeneration.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
It's possible with triggers. You would need to base the ability off of one that can be activated and deactivated, like immolation, and remove any effects it has other than consuming mana per second. Then you would need to use triggers to add the aura when the base ability is activated, and remove the aura when the aura when the base ability is deactivated. You would need to disable the aura for the player, so that the aura icon would be hidden, but its effects would still work. If you are going to do five different auras, you would need to find five different abilities that can be activated and deactivated.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
yes just add a spell book to the unit when it casts the immolation activate ability (modified to do no damage, cost the right mana, and have your tooltip/artwork etc), the spellbook should have the aura you want to add inside it, and at map initialization, do something like this:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Player - Disable (your spellbook with the aura) for Player 1
    • Player - Disable (your spellbook with the aura) for Player 2
    • Player - Disable (your spellbook with the aura) for Player 3
    • Player - Disable (your spellbook with the aura) for Player 4-12...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.