Is this place real?

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I know, this a dumb question, but I just wanted to know what your opnions are.

Topcom Techlonogy P/L
298 Mains RD,
Sunnybank QLD 4109,
Tel : 07-33458883;
Fax:07-33452268.
Email:[email protected]

I got this from an email I sent earlier if the Asus EN9800GT Matrix was still sold there.

This store's website don't even have it's trading hrs dedicatedly shown on it!

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
No? That's what my friend says. He doesn't think that place real, and is just a scam to get money off you. Is this true? Are you sure this place is not real? :)

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is a sign out the front of the place but I can't read what it says due to poor image quality. These guys are located in the yellow pages however.

Also according to the Australian Business registry, these guys are a real company. and their office is located in Sunnybank QLD. They have also been registered since 1999.

So from all that, I reckon this is not a scam. It is probably just some guy who has set up a business in his own home.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There is a sign out the front of the place but I can't read what it says due to poor image quality. These guys are located in the yellow pages however.

Also according to the Australian Business registry, these guys are a real company. and their office is located in Sunnybank QLD. They have also been registered since 1999.

So from all that, I reckon this is not a scam. It is probably just some guy who has set up a business in his own home.

How sure do you think this is not a scam on a scale of 0 being is definitely scam free and 10 being it's definitely a scam? Because the other guy said it is...

- Why would a guy create a Proprietary Company in his house??
- Google map should have a better quality image then crappy old blurred out ones!

Dave312

Reaction score
On a scale of 0-10, I would say that I'm about a 8. My reasoning is based on these points:

- It costs $$$ to be a registered business
- It costs $$$ to be advertised in the yellow pages
- A registered business is required to complete business statements which detail income and expenditures (I think these need to be completed on an quarterly basis)
- This business has been registered since 1999, meaning that if it was a scam, then it would be highly likely they would have been reported in the 11 years they have been in operation.
- They have an ABN, indicating that they must complete tax returns every year. They would be investigated for failing to do so.

I know plenty of businesses that work out of their own home. It is not uncommon for small businesses.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I like to add that, some Google Map pictures are outdated, in this case, my nearby highway (finished 1 year ago) is still under construction. It's likely the map picture we are seeing is more than 3 years old.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I support that Google Maps isn't a secure place for verification.

My house was painted last year. Nothing yet.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
On a scale of 0-10, I would say that I'm about a 8. My reasoning is based on these points:

- It costs $$$ to be a registered business
- It costs $$$ to be advertised in the yellow pages
- A registered business is required to complete business statements which detail income and expenditures (I think these need to be completed on an quarterly basis)
- This business has been registered since 1999, meaning that if it was a scam, then it would be highly likely they would have been reported in the 11 years they have been in operation.
- They have an ABN, indicating that they must complete tax returns every year. They would be investigated for failing to do so.

I know plenty of businesses that work out of their own home. It is not uncommon for small businesses.

Oh, okay...thanks. So I guess that's enough info to tell me that this business is not a fake. :shades: Because the last time I asked a question about a graphics card I want, they never replied, so I had to email their business email address to do it again and what do u know, it works, well atleast I got a reply...I'll see this for real once I get a product from them either online or offline...thankyou Dave! :D: thup:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I'll see this for real once I get a product from them either online or offline...

just buy it with a credit card and then if it doesn't show dispute the transaction via your credit card (send e-mails first, keep them as proof)

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
just buy it with a credit card and then if it doesn't show dispute the transaction via your credit card (send e-mails first, keep them as proof)

What do u mean by dispute the transaction via a credit card?
And also, what do u mean by send emails first? Like what's suppose to be in the email?

Dave312

Reaction score
Like the yellow pages, right?

I don't think yellow pages actually check whether you are a registered business so no. It is the Australian Business Registry which you should check. I searched and found them in this registry. The results are linked in one of my previous posts.

What do u mean by dispute the transaction via a credit card?
And also, what do u mean by send emails first? Like what's suppose to be in the email?

I think he was referring to the invoice emails that you usually receive when making online purchases.

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't think yellow pages actually check whether you are a registered business so no. It is the Australian Business Registry which you should check. I searched and found them in this registry. The results are linked in one of my previous posts.

Oh? Well, okay....

I think he was referring to the invoice emails that you usually receive when making online purchases.

Ohh, well I have not made any online purchases ever in my life so far, so I wouldn't have a clue...well, thanks again, I guess...

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Ohh, well I have not made any online purchases ever in my life so far, so I wouldn't have a clue...well, thanks again, I guess...

no.. like if you buy it online, and then it doesn't show after a week of when it was supposed to arrive (read: shipping time + a week), you should e-mail them and tell them that the product you bought hasn't shown up yet, etc. - and if they ignore that (give them a few business days), then via your credit card issue a charge-back to get your money back

Newbie12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
no.. like if you buy it online, and then it doesn't show after a week of when it was supposed to arrive (read: shipping time + a week), you should e-mail them and tell them that the product you bought hasn't shown up yet, etc. - and if they ignore that (give them a few business days), then via your credit card issue a charge-back to get your money back

'issue a charge-back' What's that mean?

And what happens if they don't give you the receipt or tax invoice?
Also, what if you using paypal instead of a credit card?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.