item ability problem

ultimate11

Reaction score
I try to create a item ability that add to user 100% life steel when item is used for a few sec.
So unholly rage x and hollow mask are life steel (frostmour) ability with diferent value.
Trigger:
  • Unholly rage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unholly rage (item)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove hollow mask from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add unholy rage X to (Casting unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\VampiricPotion\VampPotionCaster.mdl
      • Set unholly[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 7.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Casting unit) is dead) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait until (((Casting unit) is alive) Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
          • Special Effect - Destroy unholly[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
          • Unit - Remove unholy rage X from (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Add hollow mask to (Casting unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Special Effect - Destroy unholly[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
          • Unit - Remove unholy rage X from (Casting unit)
          • Unit - Add hollow mask to (Casting unit)

Where am I wrong ?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
it's because of the event
you can't use "Starts the effect of an ability" with item abilities

use "Unit Uses an Item"

btw, your code is a complete mess and will most probably cause... unexpected results :p

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). use triggering unit, will make things MUI even with the wait.

2). instead of creating the special effect with triggers just use some effect applied by an active ability. you are using an item or arent you?

3). you can add / remove abilities from a unit even if its dead. you dont have to wait for it to revive.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
it's because of the event
you can't use "Starts the effect of an ability" with item abilities

use "Unit Uses an Item"

btw, your code is a complete mess and will most probably cause... unexpected results :p

You can use "Starts the effect of an ability" with item abilities. The unit is still casting an ability, except it's an item-type ability. But the unit is still casting it normally.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on the ability of the item. some active abilitys are not registered as "unit starts effect of abiltiy" event triggers.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Hmm... such as abilities that are based on item abilities in the first place, I suppose?...

Reaction score
If you're just trying to make a temporary life steal, why not just use the one that's used by the vampiric potion? Saves on triggering...

ultimate11

Reaction score
@baka-rager yes i want to make an active ability that give unit 120% life steel for 10 sec i will try with vampiric potion...thx for hint
BTW ability that i use with event a unit start the effect of an abilit yis named wind walk :D

SOLVED

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.