Item Combination, Dota style

Xenoche

Reaction score
Ive snooped around and have been unsuccessful in finding a way the item combo`s work in dota without regard to slot positioning of the items, does anyone have a clue? :confused:

Xenoche

Reaction score
:mad: I`m surprised that no one cares, or knows wtf i`m on about or at least say otherwise.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score

That's because it's already been answered. SEARCH, my vulgar friend.

Code:
And - All (Conditions) are true
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type <youritem1>) Equal to True
        ((Triggering unit) has an item of type <youritem2>) Equal to True

You can add more conditions per whatever more items you need. I would suggest making the event when a unit gets an item with first the condition of if the item is this, this, or this (how many different items needed to combine). Then in the actions you can delete all of the items and create and give your "combo" item to the hero in question.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Impatient little...

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but the satisfaction is well worth the punishment:

Don't you dare get all pissy with us when we don't answer your questions when YOU want us to! There are tons of people who use this forum with more complicated problems then yours! Hell, I've gone a whole day without an answer to a problem, most of my triggers take all day to figure out, but I don't post on my thread 'hey, wtf, answer me, already!' and trust me, I've wanted to once or twice...Have patience, we will respond to you when we have an answer, not before and wind up giving you nothing but a crappy trigger...Unless of course you'd like that more? Hmm, somehow I doubt that, so shut up, sit down, and wait like the rest of us!

H

HunteRKilleR

Alexander-lmfao, well said. As Rinpun said it has to do with triggers

Condition- All Conditions are equal to true.

((Triggering unit) has an item of type <1st Item U Want To Combine >) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type <2nd Item U Want To Combine>) Equal to True

I'd do it manually if i had the time.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Xenoche:
I wasn't really going to say anything, but Alexander is right, and personally I don't think he should get in trouble. We all have our own problems, and there are also problems which haven't been answered before. Next time, try to look for the answer on your own first, and then if you don't find it, then ask. And when you ask, give it at least 12 hours or so before bumping it up.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
*gasp* WE USE THAT?! no way!...really?! NO WAY!

:p
Naw, only kidding...i just don't like people getting all pissy, and if you look at the times, he waited a grand total of 2 hours -.- yesterday, i was trying to get my 'avatar armor' trigger to work, and well... -.- it doesn't work yet, but you don't see me getting all 'grroar' at the forums! i just went on to work on something a bit easier (like terrain and stuff :p)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's off-topic, but The Helper (and Ryoko...I don't know exactly who runs this thing :D) has/have a premium search engine. If you know what you're looking for (put the keyword in) you WILL find it, unlike some search engines I know :rolleyes: *Looks at Google*

Xenoche

Reaction score
Sorry

:( Sorry for being an ungratful little bitch. I was just a tad drunk and disorderly. :eek:

1stlancer

Hey, don't feel bad. At one point I posted an answer to a question asked, and when I was sent back to the thread I saw the OP had double-posted to bump/beg/call more attention to his question... a whole SEVEN MINUTES after the original post.

I'm sorry, but that's just... *twitch*

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Just now I saw someone start a second thread for a post that I just answered. Some peole really have no sense of etiquette. Alexander: I told him that he'd be in for a treat if you saw it. *snicker*

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.