Item IN GAME displaying (and not!?)

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
here's another question to add to my slew of RoC compatibility problems

In my map, I am using the "Objects\InventoryItems\CrystalShard\CrystalShard.mdx" Crystal shard model for the display when the item is on the ground (instead of the standard treasure chest/what have you).
After importing this model (and properly referencing it, so that it works on TFT--the item DOES SHOW UP for anyone with TFT), those with RoC-only still cannot see the item.

However, if they share control and have someone with TFT pick up the item on their hero, it WILL SHOW UP IN THE INVENTORY for the RoC-only-player (i.e. the RoC-player will see the item in his inventory). The player can interact with the item as normal from that point, but once dropped, appears like "dropping air," because the model just doesn't display.

Any ideas? Is there something else that is making the item model not display?

Thanks in advance,
Zakk

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
"Textures\Onyx.blp" <- does not exist in "war3.mpq". So RoC players can see the model itself, but because they don't have the proper texture, the model is invisible. You have to import that texture as well.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
oh my fkin geezus i was looking for something like this!!!!

im gonna try this... <3 <3 <3 i'll let you know if it works :D how do you know that this is the right texture for the crystal shard?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
War 3 Model Editor <3

You can grab it here.

Attachments

• war3modeleditor.jpg
    war3modeleditor.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 145

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
xD i already have that tool (or if not THAT tool, one like it). [I use it to extract all the things i need from war3x.mpq (and also to tell me what is in RoC and what isn't) :D]
but my question was:

How do you know it is specifically the misisng Onyx.blp texture that is causing the crystal shard not to display?
Is there a way I could have found this out on my own using reasoning or something xD?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
War3.mpq is used by RoC, while war3x.mpq is used by TFT ("war3expansion.mpq"). I simply checked the war3.mpq file. Onyx.blp was missing, and I knew that a missing texture can cause transparent models. It's so simple :)

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
"Textures\Onyx.blp" <- does not exist in "war3.mpq". So RoC players can see the model itself, but because they don't have the proper texture, the model is invisible. You have to import that texture as well.

By the way, this was it. Solved the problem. Love you. I tried to get you +rep, but apparently I need to spread it around :)
I guess being too helpful isn't good for your rep, is it :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.