World Jackie Chan Raises $3.3 Million in Three Hours for Japan Relief

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
HONG KONG — Help for the people of Japan suffering the effects of earthquake, tsunami and radioactive fallout was only a phone call away. It helped that Jackie Chan was on one end of the call.

“When I picked up the phone and called my friends in the entertainment business in Japan, South Korea, Indonesia and Singapore, right away, they all agreed to come over,” Chan said.

The Hong Kong-born action superstar called in favors from across Asia for his disaster relief fund-raising concert, Artiste 311 Love Beyond Borders, which raked in more than HK$26 million ($3.3 million) — and counting — in donations in just three hours.

The concert was held Friday, but the cash kept flowing the next night at Chan’s wrap dinner for the production team, where co-organizers Eric Tsang and John Shum toasted their crew and wound down. “I still have some of the cash donations that people gave me today in my pocket,” Chan told The Hollywood Reporter.

Way to go Jackie Chan!

Last edited:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a nice guy :thup:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
He ought to hire some people from Washington and Politics to help too. Not politicians but lobbyists. :)

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Wow! That is just freaking LEET! I love Jackie and all of his movies.
That's pretty DAMN fast! So we're talking about 1.1 million per hour, or $305.5 per second hehe. Imagine...just imagine if you earned money that fast xD. It really helps to be famous with so many fans.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Wow! That is just freaking LEET! I love Jackie and all of his movies.
That's pretty DAMN fast! So we're talking about 1.1 million per hour, or $305.5 per second hehe. Imagine...just imagine if you earned money that fast xD. It really helps to be famous with so many fans.

Fame is nothing if you are not a good guy. Jackie is, fortunately, a very good guy :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
As of the time of before this post, there are 21 3's on this page (results found using Control + F, 3).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.