JASS loops (not fruity)

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
When I do a loop in JASS, it only goes through 9 times. Is there a way to set the number of times it irrates before it thinks it is an infinite loop, or do I have to put a loop in a loop in a loop to get the number of irrations I want?

Korolen

Reaction score
On the subject, is there a way to increace the maximum integer size?

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
I don't know about JASS, but in regular programming you would use a for loop to get a certain number of iterations.

Korolen

Reaction score
I know how to get a certain number of irrations, my problem is that Warcraft limits it to 9. I also want to be able to create a integer with a higher number of bits, as my script uses high numbers, that get skrewed up because of they can't go above 11,111,111.

Korolen

Reaction score
PS: I use Python in my regular programming, i only started in on JASS about two months ago, but i've got it down pretty well.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Warcraft limits it to 9 iterations.

Even in GUI you can have a "for integer a from 1 to 1000", and it will work fine.
If a bit slowly...

Don't know what the limit would be on integers, but it can for sure not be changed.

What are you trying to do?

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
The limit is not based on iterations but on execution time, and it is huge, post the code before starting to assume things.

H

Heptameron

Jass loops are definitely not limited to 9 iterations. Like Vex said, post the code.

The maximum integer is 2,147,483,647. To get any higher you have to use strings.

Korolen

Reaction score
I dont feel like posting the code, as i am on a different computer, but it converts a large (And quite limited) integer to base 36. As for the integer, i want to increase the bits it uses, but it doesn't seem that is possible.

H

Heptameron

Korolen said:
I dont feel like posting the code, as i am on a different computer, but it converts a large (And quite limited) integer to base 36. As for the integer, i want to increase the bits it uses, but it doesn't seem that is possible.
Wouldn't it only take about six iterations to convert an integer to base 36?

If you have any divide-by-zeroes in your loop, the whole trigger will just stop; that could've given you this impression.

Korolen

Reaction score
Well, converting to base 36 will take alot more then 6 irrations, and i'm pretty sure that i don't have any Divide-by-zero problems, because I wrote a working example in Python, and in Python, it will crash and shut the whole program down (unless you cath the error in a try/exept statement), so i would probably know.

Korolen

Reaction score
It totally depends on how long thier name is... For longer codes it can take 20+, but for my current code the max is, like, errrrrrrr 5 :banghead:

Korolen

Reaction score
Acually the max is 8... wait... 9 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Gaaaa my problem is that my integer doesn't have enough bits!!! It is at 16 bit, and i need at least 24, mabee 32. I wish you could delete your posts... This one was unneccery, as i could edit...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.