Just need a confirmation :-)

The Big S

Reaction score
Player Group Alliance Trigger

Hey guys!

First off, hello to you all. After using this site for weeks now, I figured I may as well sign up, and try to help out with questions :)

However, I need a quick confirmation from someone here about a trigger of my up and coming RPG.

Basically, I have made two sides to the entire RPG. Horde, and Alliance. Everything else works, but now I am on to one of the more complicated areas of my RPG...

I have made a battleground, and the idea is that when a Horde player enters the battleground, they receive a "temporary enemy flag". What I mean to say is that when a Horde player enters the battleground and is in the battleground, he/she will set all Alliance players to enemy status. The same goes for Alliance. Then, once the player leaves the battleground region, they go back to being allies.

Here is what I have so far...

Synopsis: When a player enters the battleground area (region), they will receive a message alerting them that they have entered the battleground. At the beginning (character selection), if you choose a Horde Character, you are put into a player group called Horde, and vice versa for the Alliance. When a player enters the region, if they are Horde, they set the Alliance player group to enemy. The player must also be level 10 or higher to access the battleground.

Variables Used:

Horde[1-8] - Boolean - Used at the beginning of game when players select their character type. If it's a horde hero, then it will set Horde[Number of the Player] = True. If Alliance, it will be set to False.

Battleground1 - Region - The Battleground region.

KnockbackHorde - Region - If the character is not level 10+, it will force-push him back to just outside the battleground entrance.

AlliancePlayers - Player Group - All players that are on the Alliance side. (Horde[] = False)

One last note. The coding in bold is the part I'm really curious about. I'm not sure if it will make the entire Player Group (HordePlayers) that contains the owner of the triggering unit to set AlliancePlayers to enemy, or if it makes a new player group purely for the triggering player.

Coding:

Code:
Events
[indent]Unit - A unit enters Battleground1 <gen>[/indent]

Conditions

[indent]((Triggering unit) is a Hero) Equal to True[/indent]

Actions

[indent]If (All Conditions are true) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)[/indent]
[indent]If - Conditions[/indent]
(Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 10
Horde[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
[indent]Then - Actions[/indent]
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: Now entering |cff99...
[B]Player Group - Make (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) treat AlliancePlayers as an Enemy[/B]
[indent]Else - Actions[/indent]
[indent]If (All Conditions are true) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)[/indent]
[indent]If - Conditions[/indent]
(Level of (Triggering unit)) Less than 10
Horde[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to True
[indent]Then - Actions[/indent]
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) for 3.00 seconds the text: |cff995500Your leve...
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of knockbackHorde <gen>)
[indent]Else - Actions[/indent]

So that's about it. If any of you programming masters could take a look and tell me if it's alright, that'd be much appreciated. I guess the whole "rep" thing is like currency on these forums, so of course I will "+rep" as they say, to anyone able to assist. Thanks again!

- The Big S

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
It will just make the player who's hero entered the region make all the Alliance guys as enemies, which is what you want, but the Alliance guys won't automatically treat him as an enemy. So, it works half way, so what you want to do is add another action making Alliance players treat the player as en enemy also.

(You are leaking a location and a few player groups in this trigger btw)

The Big S

Reaction score
Perfect, just what I wanted to hear :) I have the Alliance Version of it already done, just used the Horde one as an example. I'll try and take care of those leaks too. Thanks!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.