General Justin Bieber given Diamond Jubilee Medal

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Prime Minister Stephen Harper met with 18-year-old pop singer Justin Bieber Friday in Ottawa, just ahead of the performer's concert, to present him with a Diamond Jubilee medal.

The medal was created this year to mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne.

Stratford, Ont., native Bieber is one of 60,000 Canadians to receive the medal, which the Governor General's website says is to honour "significant contributions and achievements by Canadians."

Read Moar Here.
Hmm By the way, he looks ridiculous.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Yeah Seriously? What did he do to deserve such medal REALLY?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Well he puts up with people spending a significant portion of their time bashing him for almost no reason. He's not any different than any of the other pop bands from before, and they got all sorts of weird awards. Who are the other 60,000? It's unlikely most of them have done anything of significantly more merit.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Well he puts up with people spending a significant portion of their time bashing him for almost no reason. He's not any different than any of the other pop bands from before, and they got all sorts of weird awards. Who are the other 60,000? It's unlikely most of them have done anything of significantly more merit.
Well what did Bieber do to deserve it, make music? If memory serves the award is for citizens and permanent residence of Canada who have made significant contributions to the country in one way or another. Bieber may be a citizen and his family may still live here, but I don't think he does, as well what has he done for the country.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I seriously doubt anyone else did either. The Medal of Freedom is for people who made major contributions to the US, and I'm pretty sure Chita Rivera didn't do shit in comparison to the other like eight who have one. I doubt any of the 59,999 other people who are getting this have done anything else. And it says nothing about doing anything FOR the country, it says BY Canadians. Achievements done BY Canadians, not FOR Canada.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.