lag caused by trees/pathing blockers

cowmenace

Reaction score
When I added a bunch of trees to the map, it became unplayable. I took half of them out, and i was ok, but units could walk through the areas I meant to block off with trees, so I put on the 2x2 with small ground pathing blockers and laid a couple thousand out. I ddn't think they caused lag, but apparently it's a lot. I'm working on reducing the amount by a thousand or so, but I don't know if it will help... there's still so many. My question is could be the pathing blockers/trees or do they really not take up that much space?

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Are you using Newgen?
And how many are there total. Go to Object Manager to see

cowmenace

Reaction score
yes I am
6144 trees
8192 other (I'm currently working on reducing this number, I'm halfway through)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
lulz
I have 20000+ doodads in my map and no lag.
Are you sure its the doodads? Are they custom models?

cowmenace

Reaction score
but when I move the camera to an area with no doodads, there's no lag. The doodads aren't custom, but I do have custom models in the map

EDIT: Also the game only started lagging after adding all the trees

cowmenace

Reaction score
tested online with others, they had lag too. Of course, mine is a dinosaur right now.... Until I get the other back. 512mb of DDR(1) RAM so ya it kinda sucks ass, but others felt lag too.... I have 4 or 5 triggers running every .04 seconds though. All my triggers are leak free except for a few SFX leaks but those hardly run, they are hero spells

cowmenace

Reaction score
nah,its not the triggers taking up space, its all the models... I have tons of models. and the trees are in the middle of the map, not on the outside

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.