Legendary Monsters

M

mmchoppers

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing around this site, and the world editor site to find info on creating my own game.

Are any of you familiar with Legendary Monsters on Battle.net? I'm trying to make a similar type game with the multi-player and save/load functions. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am a bit familiar with the trigger editor, but not JASS, I can't even begin to read that.

What info do i need to gather to create a map similar, and what is the difference between triggers and JASS?

Thank you so much for the help!
Jordan

Shadows

Reaction score
Firstly, JASS = Better, that however depends highly on how good you are with it. But it's not nessessarly required since most of the functions can be done useing triggers. So I would not worry to much about it... (And on the plus side, usually someone will post a tutorial if it is nessessary for a trigger).

Secondly, you can find a number of Save/Load codes in the tutorials section. Though, I suggest you attempt a few smaller games prior to attempting something such as that.

^^, again, tutorial section is your best bet. Just look around and you will find intresting and helpful things.

M

mmchoppers

Firstly, JASS = Better, that however depends highly on how good you are with it. But it's not nessessarly required since most of the functions can be done useing triggers. So I would not worry to much about it... (And on the plus side, usually someone will post a tutorial if it is nessessary for a trigger).

Secondly, you can find a number of Save/Load codes in the tutorials section. Though, I suggest you attempt a few smaller games prior to attempting something such as that.

^^, again, tutorial section is your best bet. Just look around and you will find intresting and helpful things.

Thanks for that. I was unsure on how to begin to read the JASS tutorial. Triggers are already pre-programmed, and it looks like JASS is hand written, so that is a little complex for me right now.:banghead: I did find the tutorials for the save/load stuff, do I just copy and paste the trigger into my map?

Also, I would like to have 11 people able to play, do I have to write a trigger for every person seperately, or can it all be the same trigger?

Thanks for the help.:)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Generic MUI triggers can be used by all players without having to use diffrent conditions and/or new triggers for each player.

And I would also liketo add that what you refer to as "trigger" is called GUI (Graphical User Interface *correct me if I'm wrong*) and JASS code is also a trigger.

A trigger is called so because a specific/generic event triggers an action if the conditions are met.

Triggers are already pre-programmed, and it looks like JASS is hand written

JASS is handwritten unless you use Convert to Custom Script however you can't do as you want, just as in GUI there are already specific pre-existing events, conditions and actions. However JASS can handle local variables, use native calls (don't know if you know what it is, and it doesn't matter for the time being) and make use of events/condition/actions that GUI doesn't present.
JASS is also used to make better code and prevent leaks.

All in all, JASS gives your triggers that extra tweak that makes a game so much better.
But you can still be a master of JASS and still make the crapiest game through history, so peace out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.