Lich King Level Cap Reached

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Only a day after the official launch of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft, a European player has reached the newly raised level cap.

A player named "Nymh" on Europe's Drek'Thar server reached level 80 as an Affliction/Demonology specced Warlock -- a build that is particularly qualified at quickly grinding experience points from large groups of enemies.

Read more here.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Unofficially, Athene was the first level 80 in WoW - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgmgwIuN94

He was suspended by a GM just after achieving it, even though another GM told him it was a perfectly legal method to level.

~ Actually, the GM suspended the accounts just BEFORE he hit 80 :p

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if it was Nyhm, the dude is mad popular, known to be a Pro Gamer, has tons of awesome youtube videos, his own WoW guide, etc etc.

But jeez, my main is only halfway to 71 haha

Prediter[BuB

Reaction score
What a douche GM. If there is an error in the game its blizzards fault not his. He's just using what the game has to offer.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What a douche GM. If there is an error in the game its blizzards fault not his. He's just using what the game has to offer.

He's cheating, using a glitch in the game, without actually doing anything.

Blizzard's not perfect, and there's no way they can catch every error--Why do you think they have so many patches?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Darth, while I would normally agree with that, he asked a GM if it was okay. They said yes. I find it pretty hard that they wouldn't think of leveling like that...

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
And also, the official first level 80 used the same mechanic to power level to 80, and he got away with it.

Fluffball

Reaction score
I believe he used the "Mob Tapping" Method, he "taps" (hits once) a target, then a large group will kill it. They probably used elites, and used about 3-8 people to knock em down.

The warlock just did massive AoE didn't he? Or did he use AoE to tap?

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Both Nyhm and Athene's group used mob tagging to level to 80, the difference is Athene did it in instances, because he calculated during the beta that it would be the fastest way, while Nyhm did it in the open world.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.