Little Comprehension

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well I'm writing a book bout this little orc named Ka'jid. Here is a sample.

In the blazing sun Ka’jid walked along the dirt road. It was a long day, a hard day. He and his friends had been walking for three days from their home. They have been summoned to a war camp called Valormok. It was the home of the Elite Orcs, the ones who have been holding off the humans for many generations…

Ka’jid kept walking until his legs could not carry him any further. Three of his companions had already been dropped off a few villages back for rest and food and two more at the last village. Only he and Rax’rth were left. They thought about turning back but when they thought about it they couldn’t, for they knew that whatever reasons the warriors wanted them for would be an important reason. They drudged on eating nothing but stale bread when finally even Rax’rth collapsed. Ka’jid looked around but there was nothing in sight, not even a tree. Desperately looking for a shade to shield his friend from the sun he squinted when he noticed a small little out crop from the barren land. He dragged Rax’rth to the outcrop and dripped the last of the water in the canteen. With every drop that went into his mouth he blinked with an urge to save it for himself. But at last it was all gone. He waited for Rax’rth to awake but after what seemed like aeons to Ka’jid, he finally awoke. They kept walking when suddenly Ka’jid felt darkness arise and a fire burning from within him and then it was pitch black.

He heard the sounds of market day, his favorite day back at his village. Carts being pushed around and merchants selling their items, he could smell the fresh scent of barley and roasted pork sizzling through the air. But he felt a sharp cracking pain in his throat as if hell itself was eating him from the inside out. He cried and opened his eyes. He could see a witch doctor looking at him.
“So I see you wake up” the stranger said. “Do not worry, I have already took care of your belongings now; Let me introduce myself.” Ka’jid sat up against the boards of the bed. “My name is Mul’thog, I am the witch doctor of the city. As soon as you are well you can explore the city and I will find you a weapon and some armor”.
“Armor?” Ka’jid was puzzled.
Mul’thog looked at him. “You can fight, correct? This is a warriors’ city you know”.
“I didn’t know I had to fight, I came here when I was summoned when the village elder told me to” Ka’jid explained.
“Lately our scouts have reported that more and more humans have been landing at our shores, we fear that they might be planning an invasion”.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Well, I know it might be short but I'll add more tommorow. I wrote about 40 pages but it's impossible to post it here so I am going to PDF it.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
In the blazing sun Ka’jid walked along the dirt road. It was a long day, a hard day. He and his friends had been walking for three days from their home. They have been summoned to a war camp called Valormok. It was the home of the Elite Orcs, the ones who have been holding off the humans for many generations…
That sounds very generic and like your listing actions step by step instead of telling a story.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Hmm, I see what you mean... But thats supposed to be the proluge -_-

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
I think thats fine because its quickly telling the past of whats happening before delving into the present so you can understand the present more.
Good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.