Login bug

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
First of all the site's homepage doesn't have any place where you can log in, you have to click on a link to a forum to do that, but that's not the problem.

The problem is that it has some issue when showing new threads if I first click on the forums link and see the forums page before logging in, in that case no thread shows as unread. But if I join from somwhere else like the tutorials site the threads show as new correctly

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report Vexorian, I will look into it. I will also see if I can setup the forum login script on the front page.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if thats because of what I did or not.

I did change the cookie format for TheHelper.net, so it can share cookies with the tutorial sites login.

Now, when you visit the turorial site, it kills your old-style cookies just in case, to avoid problems.

However!

The cookie has nothing to do with new threads - thats all stored in MySQL per user, and I think its called 'posthash' (not sure about that).

However 2!

I do not store 'last activity' from the tutorial site inside the cookie. But thats odd because Vex said it DOES appear correctly if he logs in from the tutorial site.

So maybe the VB code is acting strangely.

Another note... The front page needs fixing, I havn't gotton to it. I did change the CSS to match the forums. But whenever I visit the front page, it starts out 100% width, then jumps to a fixed width. Odd indeed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.