Looking for people to help with SC2 Custom Campaign...

Shadows

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently in search of people to help me with a SC2 campaign. Some more technical details will follow after this opening, but I decided it would be better to let you know what I am thinking while going into this. First and foremost, we will be developing original story the entire way. The main theme is going to be set in the Star-craft universe (sometime between Star-craft 1 and 2, closer to 2). The storyline will run parallel to the current SC2 Terran storyline, with possible expansions to ours after the releases of the Zerg and Protoss campaigns in SC2. As mentioned before, this will be all unique and original storyline revolving around the star-craft universe. Although nothing in concrete yet in the design, it will likely take place on a combination of worlds both outside the current campaign and some of the same (e.g. Majority is on new worlds that were not in the storyline, however there will be some tracing back). This will be hero-based, with some similar ideas to the normal campaign storyline (e.g. development of units, collection of resources, etc).

Technical notes:
1. I am well capable of doing this by myself, but that is far to lone-sum and boring. Creating this campaign by myself will likely stagnant it and make it less interesting. I am hoping for witty and entertaining people to work with to improve the campaign in every way possible. As such, I am looking for people with specific skills in the following...
- Data Editor(s) {High Priority}
- Mapper(s) {Medium Priority}
- Storyline Developers/Cinematic/Other {Low Priority}
From this list take note, I can handle all triggering issues. If I don't know how to do something I can learn very quickly and fix it. I can also do everything else required, however in all honesty my skills in data editing and mapping are not as good as my triggering. Thats why they are more required then anything else. I am also looking for people who might not be as good at mapping, but might have some interesting ideas for storyline/comments.

2. This campaign will be fairly detailed, and very complex. If at all possible, I would like this campaign to be very interesting for the player(s). It will be long enough that most of the plot will be told (I am expecting at minimum 15-20 missions, possibly more, maybe optional missions).

3. Maps will be unique, however maps will also be reused (e.g. 1 map is a world, or close to it). Look forward to taking old campaign missions and finding amazing new ways to reuse the old maps.

4. I do not expect anything, nor do I require it. If you want to be part of this development team it is an honest choice by you, to join with me. The more work you do, the more credit you will get in the map.

A bit about me...
Well, I have played every Blizzard game out thus far. I especially enjoyed Starcraft + Expansion, Warcraft 3 + Expansions. I also own 3 level 80's on 2 different servers on World of Warcraft (along with all expansions except Cataclysm). I have created something like 10 maps in Starcraft 1. I was an active member of the Kk bounding clan. I enjoy making Bounding maps (in fact, if what I am currently working on in SC2). I am currently in University working towards a Bachelor of Computer Science, and know over 3 programming languages (the reason I am so good at triggers I think).

Play almost every day currently, and map for probably 2-3 hours a day.

Anyways...
If your interested in hearing more about my ideas, or just in general about joining my team (currently only me), please either PM me on TheHelper, or message me in-game on Starcraft2. My name is WkKShadows.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.