Losing Lives on the Leaderboard

WrathMonkey

Reaction score
Okay, I've already come to this board with help with my TD leaderboard, but it didn't get resolved the first time. I was suggested to get a multiboard, but why would I need one when I could just make it so that each player's score is their kills, and Dark Green's score are the lives? I've seen it done on loads of TD's, so I know it's possible. I've even seen some set brown to Number of Creeps on the map, such as in Green TD, but I think I'm fine with just displaying the Lives. So, what's the problem here with my triggers?

"Leaderboard
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 5.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players) titled Kills and Lives
Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If (((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0) else do (Do nothing)
Leaderboard - Show (Last created leaderboard)
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 11 (Dark Green) in (Last created leaderboard) to 25

Lose Life
Events
Unit - A unit enters Checkpoint <gen>
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is Undead) Equal to True
Actions
Player Group - Pick every player in Player Group - Player 11 (Dark Green) and do (Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 11 (Dark Green) in (Last created leaderboard) to 0)
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Set ALL_Kills[(Player number of Player 11 (Dark Green))] = (ALL_Kills[(Player number of Player 11 (Dark Green))] - 1)
Leaderboard - Change the value for Player 11 (Dark Green) in (Last created leaderboard) to ALL_Kills[(Player number of Player 11 (Dark Green))]"

Everytime a creep enters the Checkpoint, it goes straight from 25 to -1, and goes down from there. Why doesn't it go from 25 to 24, and so on each time a creep enters the Checkpoint?

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
the reason it goes straight to -1 is because..

the variable

All_Kills[11] = 0

you only change the value of the lives.. in the leaderboard.. not the actual life variable itself

so unit enters region

set all_kills[(Player number of Player 11 (Dark Green)] to all_kills[(Player number of Player 11 (Dark Green)] - 1)

is equal to 0-1 = -1

i suggest in the first trigger.. at the last add.. set all_kills[11] = 25

Dmshu

Reaction score
Because the "12th" index of the All_Kills[11] array = 0 (assuming you havn't killed anything and had a trigger updating the variable correctly)

0 - 1 = -1

I say 12th because an array starts at 0, but the gui player number goes from 1-12 instead of 0-11.

To fix: instead of changing value change the variable you use for lives or kills or whatever.

demotry241

Reaction score
Because the "12th" index of the All_Kills[11] array = 0 (assuming you havn't killed anything and had a trigger updating the variable correctly)

0 - 1 = -1

I say 12th because an array starts at 0, but the gui player number goes from 1-12 instead of 0-11.

To fix: instead of changing value change the variable you use for lives or kills or whatever.
huh...
dude Unit_Kills[Player Number] there wont be any zero.

Dmshu

Reaction score
I didn't say it equaled 0 in gui.

But if you were to use the player number function in jass it will return 0 like it should.

Basically it is just a pet peeve that the gui version doesn't return what it really should be returning just so it doesn't confuse people who never have seen a programming language.

demotry241

Reaction score

0 - 1 = -1

so this makes no sense ...since its used for jass... and you didnt even specify its for jass.. you only state that gui player number goes from 1-12, rather than 0-11.. -.-, anyway.. refer to 2nd post for the answer in this problem.

Dmshu

Reaction score
If it came off confusing to you then sorry I didn't mean it to.

I just didn't want to tell him that the 11th index spot equaled zero because technically it isn't the 11th index. The first post wasn't a jass answer and it explained to him why the leaderboard was going from 25 to -1 and what he should do to fix that.

I refreshed before I replied to make sure it hadn't been answered already but by the time I typed it out you got in first and had I known that I wouldn't of even posted it.

WrathMonkey

Reaction score
Well, apparently what I've written has even confused me. I can't understand even the smallest bit of it.. I can usually wrap my mind around these things, but I don't know what's going on...

Can someone write a trigger for losing lives and it showing up on DG's score in the Leaderboard? Because I can't seem to set my variable "Lives" to just equal 25..

demotry241

Reaction score
don't worry don't worry XD

anyway.. the only problem why from 25 goes straight to -1 is because the value of the variable of unit_Kills[Player number 11=11] is set to 0,

so that is why
when a unit enters the region

set unit kills[11] = unit kills[11] -1 = -1 xD..

he only changed the value of the leaderboard not the actual value of the variable. xD

add this and its all good.

event:
map initialization

condition none

action
set unit_kills[11] = 25

Dmshu

Reaction score
demo's answer is correct, but I suggest you make a new integer array variable called Player_Lives so you can keep track of both kills and lives instead of having you total kills = total kills - lives lost.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.