M3 Importer Help

Saburouta

Reaction score
I've noticed that the importer is extremely sensitive. I have gotten models to work for a few hours, and then not only can I not import that model with animations again, my saved max scenes no longer have animations! Just hours later!

What I am wondering is: is there anyone out there who actually has a setup of the tool that works? Can someone save max scenes for those of us who can't get it working?

I'm trying to mod the TruckSemi_0 model to "deploy" like the SiegeTank. The problem is that I can't export the animations. All the wheel rotations just get converted into scaling, which results in a bunch of wheels popping in and out of existence in the exported model. Also, the script refuses to recognize the SC2 material. I have even tried recreating it from scratch.

Update:

I now don't think it's a problem with the M3 tools. I've noticed that 3DSM has a bug related to rotating only parts of an object. I don't know why other people haven't seen that bug, but it affects Max20120 and 2013 for me. I thought it affected the m3 tools because rotating a bone rotates only part of a mesh. When the M3 tools ask Max to compose the animation, max screws it up. (It also happens even if I don't involve the M3 tools.)

Now I don't know what to do. :(((

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
you must not export the animatons, open the editor and import them

(be sure you save it as the correct files)

Saburouta

Reaction score
I don't think I understand you. Why must I not export a model I've animated? The galaxy editor cannot load 3dsmax files, they have to be exported to m3.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
it's not really export, you just must save them at the correct file, which can be imported by the galaxy editor

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Which exporter are you using? I know there's a lot of custom made ones and there's also the star tools beta.

Also, I'm not sure how much experience MissKerrigan has with model editing outside the SC2 editor.

Saburouta

Reaction score
Which exporter are you using? I know there's a lot of custom made ones and there's also the star tools beta.

Also, I'm not sure how much experience MissKerrigan has with model editing outside the SC2 editor.

Not the StarTools beta. I'm using the one from sc2mapster: "http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/m3-export-plugin-3ds-max/"

So I've actually solved all the problems I had then. The problem I'm having now is that since I have HoTS, the galaxy editor crashes when importing my M3. Not sure what to do. I might be looking at a downgrading task here...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.