WIP Magical Conquest

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Magical Conquest

Story:
Many years have passed, since the Frozen Throne legacy. The story of how Arthas, the traitor, has become one, with the lich king. As dark clouds of northrend loom over the continents, the undead army is growing. The races, Human and Orc although they are not friendly, they are not enemies, there is a thin line between acquaintance and enemy between the races. Little do the races know, that in the Borean Tundra, 8 elves have been deployed by the high elf mages, they are to seek and destroy Arthas, for mere mortals cannot hope to defeat Arthas.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Genre:
Magical Conquest is a large fusion of my favorite maps, it is an RPG, it will be similar to the TBR rpg, MMM, the spells will be unique and will be fun to use. The level up system will be unique. And personas. And it is an Hero Defense, i have decided to NOT make it an AoS until i can work out a few things in the map. The game will certainly not be a copy.
----------------------------------------------------------
Players:
8 people are allowed to be in a game at once. 4 Computers. The elves, the undead, the human, and the orcs
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Special Features:
-There will be a unique system, of spell leveling, reviving, and shielding-
-The hero defense is very balanced, and is very challenging-
-Custom spells all-
-Ai doesnt epic fail-
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrain:
The terrain will be based off of the NEW northrend, not the old one
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Elements:
Nemo has come up with an interesting way to make every hero unique in his own way. The base elements are: Water, Fire, Holy, Nature, and Darkness
And each element will branch off into their sub-divisions, each sub-division will have the base element inside it
Water: Gas, Liquid, Solid
Fire: Hellfire, Soothing Fire
Holy: Judgment, Bless
Nature: Earth, Wind, Lightning
Darkness: Curse, Necromancy

THINGS WRAPPED IN * ARE BEING DECIDED ON
THINGS WRAPPED IN - MEANS DONE

MAP UPDATES
Somewhere before 1/10/09
-Nemo has been decided as the partner developer-
-Custom spells have been decided upon-
-There will be 4 main elements with branches into each of its powers.
-Speed Mage has been removed-
-Name was Elves, Undead, and Death-
-Name changed to Elemental Dominance-
-Name changed to The Day the Dead Rose-
-Site was created Here

1/10/09
-Announcement of the project development-
-Basic Hero template has been completed-

1/13/09
-A special Dark spell is finished. Look out for it ^^-
-A ice spell is finished, lets just say Mr. Nemo is going to join you on your quest if your a water element ^^-

1/23/09
-The map has been handed back to me (ElderKingpin)-
-I will be working on the terrain and re-arranging the spells-

1/24/09
-Added fountains into the human base, helio, elven base, and farms.
-Added trees into the beginning hero defense. Its like a tree maze now.
-Gates of Hell was moved A LOT closer to Helio to prevent a bug where a few units would go back to their creation point after killing a group of enemies. (I am not sure if that is the cause of the bug [distance] but it should fix the problem-
-Terrained the Map overall-
-Added a terrain section into the project development (a percentile-)
-Fixed Necromancer and skeletons attack damage. (They both had 200dmg each) Necromancer was reduced to 15 and skeletons was reduced to 5 (5 because each corpse summons like 8 skeletons-
-Made gates of hell area smaller to reduce space usage-
*Reducing the size of the beginning hero defense*
-Fixed the Undead Hero *(he had 250 str and 160 agi and 170 int im deciding where to set it so its balanced)* Str was reduced by 100 though-

1/25/09
-Added Tooltips for Chain Lightning, and Lightning Storm-
-Lightning storm has a model now-
-Reduced Undead Mini-boss stats by 150
-Reduced Elves Mini-boss stats by 100 (you arn't supposed to lose the first hero defense-
-Increased mage's movement speed by 50-
-Balanced out the leveling of spells-
-Changed Lightning Mage's attack model-

1/28/09
-GOT A NEW LOGO!! GJ mistah frank :D-
-The site got a new site name- it is now here-

2/7/09
-THE SITE GOT A NEW SKIN!! RATE IT!! 1-5!! Here-

2/8/09
-Hmph, the map will be put on hold for a week or two, i have projects to do. If you want to know what, its these in the same order. Project Board, Piano Run-offs, AMC10, deciding whether or not to join the swim team. The map WILL NOT DIE! I SWEAR IT!!-

2/15/09
-Totally revamped elves beginning spot, it didnt go with the map so i had to make it look better-
-Spaced out the trees in the beginning hero defense, it looked cramped and there was no room for movement
-Added terrain for the portal home, it looks a lot better now, and it is now connected to the main base-
-Fixed tool tips-
*Working on making the second Hero Defense to be more epic*
-More things i am too lazy to say-
-I got a new domain name This, remember this

3/6/09
-Added a waterway, a quick passageway for the water mage-
-Gave the water mage a new ability, metamorph, changes the mage into a sea elemental, that uses the waterway-
*Changing out the heroes so the main hero will be Arthas-
-Gave shade blink, so he could pass over the water way-
*Save/load code?*
-Further terrained the map-

3/18/09
-Finished the northrend terrain. Suck on that blizzard :p-
*Thinking of adding AI, undecided*
-There WILL be a save/load code, as far as i am concerned-
-Added one unit to the beginning hero defense, to undead (this is a huge deal)-
-Deleted graveyard, and blacksmith upgrades, they were making the units kill the mages extremely easily-
-Moved the Elves to the peninsula at the east of northrend, their building tech has been reduced also, they only have an arcane vault, a fountain, and 4 tents-
-Moved the gates of hell in front of the elves, so its more intense-

3/21/09
-Added AI, heroes dont epic fail anymore-
-The dark mage has a body guard, a puppeteer, basically its a spirit that has strings attached to a zombie dual wielding swords-
-Reduced the regen on units-
-Added a way to upgrade the elven base-
-Added orc base-
-Added Kel Thuzard-
-Made the "gates of hell" turn into an undead bastion, so its just an outpost of arthas' troops-
-Took out archimonde, that overpowered fool...-
-Changed the healer to priests, and warlocks to spellcasters-
-Copernicus (the elven commander) got beefed up-
-Beefed up the undead bastion-

3/22/09
-Well, because i want some decent AI, there will be gold mines and a central base, I.E. town hall, necropolis, etc.-
-Orcs have AI, they build their bases and what not-
-Warlocks have 6 different spells, and no more healing-
P.S. I will not be able to work on much other then AI, until i get that down

3/26/09
-Finished AI, no custom AI needed, partly because i cant do it-
-Edited the terrain, all of northrend, besides the places where the races landed, are in blight-
-Edited the beginning-
-Took out the undead bastions-
-Neutral Hostile creeps will be the sub-antagonists-
-Special thanks to Zeus, for helping me test-

4/3/09
-Gave the map to Nemo-
-Edited the beginning terrain-
-Added a barrack so players could have some kind of tank-
-Elves no longer summon-

4/14/09
-I have the map, apparently-
-I terrained the beginning up a bit, im going to be using the terrain i used for a quest-
-We have our first batch of holy spells, here-

5/28/09
*Fixing the retarded AI, humans fail*
-Added cities outside of the land spots, depending on how this will go, i will take out the landing of bases-
-Added a sidewalk, and some spots where you end up getting ambushed, of course these cant be fully tested without the mage's at their fullest capabilities-
-Added more terrain to the map-

X-List of Cities, excluding the landpoints-X

Dimeshire, human base
Tak Kolag, orc base
Moonlight Lake, elven base

Run down, orc and human bases are both for buying units, specifically warrior units, elven bases are the only magical bases, which is where you can replenish mana, and health. You can only buy spellcaster units, like a priest, sorceress and a spell breaker.

I have some quest ideas i will implement. Now that i am looking at it, i am quiet impressed at how some rpg's are made with quests.
You cant appreciate the work put into maps until you do one yourself.

Basically i am finished with most of my work, i have to implement triggers now

Here is a detailed bio on each city.

Dimeshire, one of the only human bases able to survive the horrible cold, and the undead. They're men are hardened fighters, willing to take down the lich king, at a cost.

Tak Kolag, a city of orcs, once peaceful towards the other settlers of northrend, the undead have put them all on edge, they will strike on sight, only the elves, whom the orcs trust greatly, are allowed through, all human warriors are to remain outside, with no protection.

Moonlight lake, a tiny elven outpost out from northrend, there, they have found a tiny island, with a lake, that has magical healing powers, the elven priests, step in, and their mana is restored, however, their health remains the same, seeing this as a great asset to the elves, the elves set up an outpost, and all allies of the elves may come in, and feel the power of the lake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creators: ElderKingpin & Mr. Nemo
Credits: General Frank, for, the orb models, the elven models, and (i apologize in advance) several other models from HW that i dont remember the names of the people.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I would greatly appreciate any new elements and spell ideas.
Rules: The elements cant be stupid, and they have to be decent enough to have spells, and to split off into sub-divisions

Triggers: 8%
Terrain: 25%
Models, Skins, etc: 96%
Story: Scroll up
Spells: 20%-22%
Rpg Part: 4%-9%
Hero Defense Part: 30%-40%
Quests: 3-5%
Overall: 12%
The map will be beta tested at around 35% overall. Stay tuned
The range of percentiles is to keep it open in case i have to add or take out things.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Not really, sure, the idea of landing then attacking is cliche, but other then that, the story keeps it set apart. It can be cliche but still be unique

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
bump, also, ive come back to ask the people of theHELPER.net to post their ideas. I would love to get some CREATIVE suggestions on things like
Spells
Elements
Cross-Elements (Elements where two elements can be put together to make a new one)
Quests
As a WIP Magical Conquest would love any kind of creative suggestions

sabrio

Reaction score
:banghead::banghead::banghead::nuts::nuts:<3<3<3<3:eek::eek::shades::shades::shades::mad::mad::mad::mad:;);):(:(:thdown::thdown::D:D:Dyeah totiryjkfjhfh,gfl,bgfhùjdhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjdhgdbjk

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Code:
[B]4/3/09[/B]
-Gave the map to Nemo-
-Edited the beginning terrain-
-Added a barrack so players could have some kind of tank-
-Elves no longer summon-

Update

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Code:
[B]4/14/09[/B]
-I have the map, apparently-
-I terrained the beginning up a bit, im going to be using the terrain i used for a quest-
-We have our first batch of holy spells, [URL="http://magicalconquest.forumotion.com/spell-suggestions-or-elements-f8/holy-element-judgement-blessing-and-divine-or-miracles-t34.htm"]here[/URL]-
Update, not a lot this time, but our ideas are sprouting

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Lulz, you thought the map died didnt you
5/28/09
*Fixing the retarded AI, humans fail*
-Added cities outside of the land spots, depending on how this will go, i will take out the landing of bases-
-Added a sidewalk, and some spots where you end up getting ambushed, of course these cant be fully tested without the mage's at their fullest capabilities-
-Added terrain to more of the map

X-List of Cities, excluding the landpoints-X

Dimeshire, human base
Tak Kolag, orc base
Moonlight Lake, elven base

Run down, orc and human bases are both for buying units, specifically warrior units, elven bases are the only magical bases, which is where you can replenish mana, and health. You can only buy spellcaster units, like a priest, sorceress and a spell breaker.

I have some quest ideas i will implement. Now that i am looking at it, i am quiet impressed at how some rpg's are made with quests.
You cant appreciate the work put into maps until you do one yourself.

Basically i am finished with most of my work, i have to implement triggers now

Here is a detailed bio on each city.

Dimeshire, one of the only human bases able to survive the horrible cold, and the undead. They're men are hardened fighters, willing to take down the lich king, at a cost.

Tak Kolag, a city of orcs, once peaceful towards the other settlers of northrend, the undead have put them all on edge, they will strike on sight, only the elves, whom the orcs trust greatly, are allowed through, all human warriors are to remain outside, with no protection.

Moonlight lake, a tiny elven outpost out from northrend, there, they have found a tiny island, with a lake, that has magical healing powers, the elven priests, step in, and their mana is restored, however, their health remains the same, seeing this as a great asset to the elves, the elves set up an outpost, and all allies of the elves may come in, and feel the power of the lake

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
amazingly, im back to working on the map, after XX months of not working on it. This time, im on my own hopefully this time i wont fail and ditch it again

The main issues i have addressed are

Human Ai now works, WEWT!!!
I am slowly adding terrain into Northrend, if i plan to do dungeons then the island Nexus will be one, for you WoW fans.
Working my way to a save/attribute system, hopefully a good one
The map's actual playability will be a slow process, i will have to seriously begin to learn coding for the spells

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
thats right. im back. and im working on it again.

Among the crapload of junk i have yet to clear out, i cleaned out the useless triggers, i edited the spells, so the game is partly playable now.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I have an idea that could be a sub-division under nature or a new element on it's own. I think something involving beasts would be cool. If it were it's own element (it's bot really an element :p) it could have subdivisions of morph, summon/call, control.

Another element (maybe not): physic - braches into mind control, self discipline, and torment

Another element (again, maybe not): metal - branches into constructs, transmutation

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.