Make an orb ability able to target Structures, Heroes and Units?

Gwypaas

hook DoNothing MakeGUIUsersCrash
Reaction score
If it's possible then what options do I need to tick to make my orb ability able to target Structures, Heroes and Units? I've tried a bit but I've had no luck so far, right now I can make it able to target either Heroes or Structures (Haven't tested with units.). The problem is this, if I tick the "Hero" box then it can't target structures, but if I untick then it can't target heroes.

Gwypaas

Reaction score
Eh.. this is for a Damage Detection system and I need it to be able to target Structures/units/Heroes..

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
This is the moment when you start hating the hardcodedness of Blizzard-made spells. It could of course be a problem with buildings not being able to acquire buffs? Are you sure that the spell which is fired when the orb-effect activates can target structures?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
make a triger like that:
a unit is atacked
if atacking unit is a structure
then make random integer between XX and 100
if integer higher then 60(let's say so) then create one dummy for owner of triggering unit, give ability to unit make unit cast ability on atacked unit.

something like that.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
Did you read what he [del]said[/del] wrote? He needs it for a damage detection system.

Gwypaas

Reaction score
It could of course be a problem with buildings not being able to acquire buffs?

They are, if I untick the Hero option then it works like a charm on buildings :p

a unit is atacked
if atacking unit is a structure
then make random integer between XX and 100
if integer higher then 60(let's say so) then create one dummy for owner of triggering unit, give ability to unit make unit cast ability on atacked unit.

You know, a damage detection does that but it doesn't trigger on the order but on the real attack so that will be completely useless for me.

Gwypaas

Reaction score
Thanks, that worked :) Now I just need to make so it only targets enemies :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.