Making an item that effects a spells damage or its cooldown

Astal

Reaction score
Anyone know how i could go about doing this? So i could allow my caster heros to upgrade their damage and lower their cooldown late game?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, there are a couple of ways to do this but they will all require you to create a new version of every ability that the item will effect for every time this item's effect will stack.

If you didn't need the cooldown or mana to decrease, just a greater effect, you could trigger the effects of all the spells and use conditions to check if the unit has the item and, if so, upgrade the damage/speed boost ect. in the trigger.

Astal

Reaction score
Well, there are a couple of ways to do this but they will all require you to create a new version of every ability that the item will effect for every time this item's effect will stack.

If you didn't need the cooldown or mana to decrease, just a greater effect, you could trigger the effects of all the spells and use conditions to check if the unit has the item and, if so, upgrade the damage/speed boost ect. in the trigger.

sounds like a lot of work, ill just do somthin else hehehehe

meOme

Reaction score
You could give the item the Engineering-Upgrade from the Goblin Engineer. This ability's effect is that it exchanges your hero's abilities with others.

The only problem is that you couldn't use more than one of these items at a time.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The only problem is that you couldn't use more than one of these items at a time.

And that you would have to create at least one new version of every ability for every time you wanted the item to stack, which could be hundreds of abilities and far to much work as this guy has decided.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.