Making an RoC copy of my map

K

Kevin

HI!:D

I have a tournament map I made for TFT

and I was thinking I'd make it for RoC too!

Now what I was going to do was just completely remove the TFT elements. How can I tell which elements are for tft only? Is there an easy way I can have the editor just remove these for me as I save for RoC? Then I can go in and fix any minor issues.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Now what I was going to do was just completely remove the TFT elements. How can I tell which elements are for tft only? Is there an easy way I can have the editor just remove these for me as I save for RoC? Then I can go in and fix any minor issues.

you probably use things like :
unit group pick every unit in (?) and do actions
- actions

or :
for each integer a from 1 to 10 do actions
- actions

even those things ar impossible in roc, conversion from TFT to RoC?
nearmy impossible, you cant even make custom abilities in roc :(

K

Kevin

:O :( well that sucks :(

I thought that only model files caused maps to be TFT :(

1337D00D

Some map protectors allow you to save it as RoC, although it might not work correctly in RoC.

Leo

Reaction score
You will have to remove All tft art and models, and any custom spells based on TFT spells (and your heros can't have tft spells)

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
some terrain cant even be used in RoC believe somewhere in the
map description you could see what kind of roc things you use
like when you save a map theres always :
this now requires the expansion pack because
-reason nr1
-reason nr2
-etc.

i think all the 'reasons' to use TFT are there, see for yourself

Leo

Reaction score
Thats not true, many of TFT features such as TFT triggers can be used in RoC if the map is converted. There is a tutorial on the conversion process. As I said before the only things that can't be used are TFT graphics(terrain, icons, models) and spells.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As I said before the only things that can't be used are TFT graphics(terrain, icons, models) and spells.

Thats not true: go make a map, put in a loop(for each intger X from bla to bla)
and try to save it

(want to bet?)

Leo

Reaction score
Read what I wrote, the map has to be converted. But yes all those can be used if it has been converted.

Tonks

Reaction score
Thats not true, many of TFT features such as TFT triggers can be used in RoC if the map is converted. There is a tutorial on the conversion process. As I said before the only things that can't be used are TFT graphics(terrain, icons, models) and spells.

It's a good idea to link to the things you recommend. :p

Guide to Converting FT to RoC: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46811

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Tonks>Step 7: Custom import all TFT files into your map; these include Models and animations. If you do not import them, they will not show up. If you do not want to import the models into your map, then I would suggest that you use RoC models to replace the FT models.

eh yeah no offense but, like people would be importing everything just to..
play their map in roc..:confused: map size?
and still i dont believe you can use triggers with multiple sub-functions etc. in roc

Leo

Reaction score
I have now stated MULTIPLE times that you can use triggers with TFT functions (including mutliple sub-functions) in RoC using the conversion method. I suggest you stop talking unless you bother to try it, because otherwise you sound like a moron. There's nothing to "believe." It is a fact.

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
otherwise you sound like a moron.

if you could show me a map with tft functions,models and everything with it
i would believe you right away but, i've never seen anyone do it.

Leo

Reaction score
Then TRY IT. I'll tell you an even easier way to use TFT trigger functions. Just convert the trigger into custom text, and then you can save the map as an RoC map. If you want to keep them in GUI, you have use Tonks's method.

Tonks

Reaction score
Just convert the trigger into custom text, and then you can save the map as an RoC map. If you want to keep them in GUI, you have use Tonks's method.

Actually.. No. Triggers aren't the only things. They're converted to Jass in any case when you save, so that doesn't change. The most common thing is models and spells and upgrades etc. with the FT-Only tag. And there are a - rare - few functions in FT (something like 3 of them) that are not available in RoC.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.