Making an RoC copy of my map

Leo

Reaction score
Actually.. No. Triggers aren't the only things. They're converted to Jass in any case when you save, so that doesn't change. The most common thing is models and spells and upgrades etc. with the FT-Only tag. And there are a - rare - few functions in FT (something like 3 of them) that are not available in RoC.

I never said triggers were the only thing. In fact, I said nearly everything with the exception of spells and art can be used. I was simply explaining if you just want to use TFT trigger functions in RoC (without doing a full map conversion) you have to convert them to custom text. I know the map reads everthing in JASS.

Anyways, Im curious what 3 functions don't work. I convert maps extensively, and I have yet to come across any functions that don't work in RoC.

S

Storm

I don't believe that the function TriggerRegisterPlayerKeyEventBJ, or the constants
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_DOWN
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_LEFT
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_RIGHT
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_UP
bj_KEYEVENTTYPE_DEPRESS
bj_KEYEVENTTYPE_RELEASE

work when converted, unless you import the TFT trigger data.

Tonks

Reaction score
You have to use jass... :eek:

No. You can make your triggers in GUI, then convert it.

I never said triggers were the only thing. In fact, I said nearly everything with the exception of spells and art can be used. I was simply explaining if you just want to use TFT trigger functions in RoC (without doing a full map conversion) you have to convert them to custom text. I know the map reads everthing in JASS.

Anyways, Im curious what 3 functions don't work. I convert maps extensively, and I have yet to come across any functions that don't work in RoC.

You don't have to convert them, though. Since the map saves it as Jass, anyways, it doesn't matter. Just, afterwards, if you try to save it with the GUI without doing the whole process, it tries to save as FT.

You wouldn't notice if they don't work, since you have FT. Not sure how a function that affects the whole game would alter itself when it comes to a person with RoC and a person with FT playing in the same game.

I don't believe that the function TriggerRegisterPlayerKeyEventBJ, or the constants
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_DOWN
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_LEFT
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_RIGHT
bj_KEYEVENTKEY_UP
bj_KEYEVENTTYPE_DEPRESS
bj_KEYEVENTTYPE_RELEASE

work when converted, unless you import the TFT trigger data.

I think that might be true, don't take my word for it, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.