Making computer units fire dodge-able missiles

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
Possible or not?

Haven't picked up the Editor in a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile so explain how to do this.

Unit A (controlled by CPU) is a ranged archer. It fires at your Hero that is controlled by Arrow Keys (for example). Is it possible to make it so that the missile fired by the archer doesn't follow the Hero till the end of time? I know you can uncheck "missile something" in the Object Editor for a unit, but all this will do is make the missile go in a straight line and deal damage anyway instead of following the Hero till damage is dealt.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
How non-vague, I will get started on whatever it is you want us to do. No please put more detail, what is it you want accomplished. From your description it seems you want a tower of some sort be able to miss attacks. Or just fire a missle that doesnt always literally hit the target, again, I'm not sure what you want. And yes both are possible.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
just give evasion?
or create dummy units for projectiles and make computer shoot those dummy units and then move those units towards the target unit and if you want them to be dodge, just move that unit out of the way a little... do-able, just takes time

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
Alright...

Unit A (controlled by CPU) is a ranged archer. It fires at your Hero that is controlled by Arrow Keys (for example). Is it possible to make it so that the missile fired by the archer doesn't follow the Hero till the end of time? I know you can uncheck "missile something" in the Object Editor for a unit, but all this will do is make the missile go in a straight line and deal damage anyway instead of following the Hero till damage is dealt.

just give evasion?
or create dummy units for projectiles and make computer shoot those dummy units and then move those units towards the target unit and if you want them to be dodge, just move that unit out of the way a little... do-able, just takes time

Yes, I tried that, but how do you know WHEN to create the dummy?

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I think what he wants is dodgeable missiles as in

==>===>
:D yay I dodged
==>===>
--------------------------
instead of

==>==:(> evasion

this is very possible by creating a dummy unit and causing it to do dmg when it comes in range. I've seen it in the revenge of the niggers, though I'm sure it's pretty hard to do.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
do you know any jass?
if so use Projectile
.isUnitInHeightRange(whichUnit)

JASS:
local unit u = GetAttackedUnit()
local real x = GetUnitX(u)
local real y = GetUnitY(u)
local real xoffset = x offset by 50
if
 Projectile.isUnitInHeightRange(u)
then
 call UnitIssueOrderPoint (u, x offset &quot;move&quot;)

something like that... the above script will not work, that is just a rough draft

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
uh guys, he just wants non homing ranged attack from enemy. theres no need to use Projectile system for this. you could use shockwaves? carrion swarm?

oh and if you make the attack type "artillery" and do Non homing, it wont deal damage if the unit moved away from it

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
uh guys, he just wants non homing ranged attack from enemy. theres no need to use Projectile system for this. you could use shockwaves? carrion swarm?

oh and if you make the attack type "artillery" and do Non homing, it wont deal damage if the unit moved away from it

Wow thank you so much. It worked. And to think I was trying to do some crazy vJASS **** to get it to work. I might pick up the Editor one last time. Who knows. ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.