Making Lighting Darker

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
My lighting needs to be a little bit darker, i just feel like it is too light.. since it IS a zombie map you need to add that creepy feel to it. Right now i have felwood lighting and Felwood sky on Dalaran terrain ( Don't know if this makes much of a difference) Any input on how to make the lighting darker?

Sickle

Reaction score
Zombies do have a habit of blocking out the sun for some reason, yes.

A good [ljass]call SetDayNightModels("", "")[/ljass] will make everything perfectly black without a light source nearby, if that is what you mean by darker.

Otherwise you will need a different day/night model.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Make the map always night?

Add a permanent, partially transparent black (or dark blue) cinematic fade filter?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
[lJASS]SetDayNigthModels[/lJASS] is the way to go. If you use some invalid string, such as [lJASS]""[/lJASS], you can make your map to have no ambient light at all, which means its as dark as it can possibly be.

Creating some custom ambient light model is probably the best option and gives the best result.

( Just be warned: wc3´s light engine sucks terribly, which means that you cant for example stack too many omni lights before tile art starts to bug and shit like that. Thats just something that cant be fixxed without some complex [lJASS]GetLocalPlayer[/lJASS] usage to make it so that people see different omni lights or some shit like that. )

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
The call function worked out great but that's waay to dark i need it to be slightly lighter, how would i go about doing that?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Just do [lJASS]call SetDayNightModels("MyCustomLight1.mdx","MyCustomLight2.mdx")[/lJASS]

There used to be some light model creator programs around, but it might be easier to convert one of the existing ones to mdl format and edit it with notepad.

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
How would i do that? I can't seem to find out how to open up a light model, i mean well i can't find the light models so i can open it up in notepad.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, if you use magos model editor, it goes like this:

-Go to MPQ > Envinronment > DNC > some of those folders

-Open one of those light models and save it in mdl format.

-Open that mdl with notepad, and try to understand it so you can edit it properly.

-Convert it back to mdx with magos editor.

-Import it to your map and use it.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.